[nfbwatlk] A couple more Observations on the Convention

M J CARPENTER mjc59 at q.com
Thu Oct 28 01:29:55 UTC 2010

I, too, was uplifted and energized by our NFBW convention. I feel very honored to be serving on our Board of Directors. I look forward with great enthusiasm to serving our affiliate. As I said at the convention I want to make sure every member has all contact information on his/her legislators, and I will help work on chapter development and following up with new members. I made a commitment to go to Tacoma in the very near future to help with our chapter there.

One piece of personal information I wanted to share is that, for the first time in many years, I was able to read and proudly carried my Braille agenda. This was because of the surgeries I've had to eliminate the tremors in my hands. Thank you for all of your support in those times. And thank you Kay Burrows for the hats you knitted for me!

I believe this was one of the best state conventions I've attended. It had the right mixture of serious discussion and serious FUN! It set a good tone for the year to come.

We definitely missed those no longer with us and those who were unable to attend this year.

Thanks again for all the love and support.

Warmly,
Marci Carpenter