[nfbwatlk] Fw: Restaurants around the Hilton Van WA

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Oct 20 04:21:18 UTC 2010

Actually, in certain parts of New Mexico, authenticity consists of little or
no meat, a helluva lot of beans and other indeterminate ingredients and
tortillas to dip into the resulting glop and/or wrap around it.  I mean no
slurs by this terminology; it's just that in a little village such as, say,
Tortugas near Las Cruces, money tends to be a rare commodity and one eates
what's available.

On the other hand, the Hispanics in the area eat what Jim calls "Tex-Mex"
with just as much gusto as the Anglos.  In fact, Panchos' Mexican Buffet has
as many or more Hispanics tucking into its fare as it does Anglos.

Mike