[nfbwatlk] Greater Seattle Chapter Highlights

Kay Burrows theladykathryn4one at juno.com
Tue Nov 23 19:45:02 UTC 2010

Sorry for the font size computer and I are fighting each other and a date
line.

The Greater Seattle's meeting had many points on interest for all chapters.

The first of these is plans for the holiday party.  There is a new day, new
time and new location and a new menu, but with the same people and fun.
The party will be held on Sunday December 12th from 2:00 pm, service
starting at 3:00 and clean up begins at 6:00.  The party will be held at the
common room of 400 Wall Street, our regular meeting place.  The menu will
include  a salad, choice of three entres (to be announced later), choice of
three deserts, coffee, tea, soft drinks inc. diet and for a donation umm umm
a charge wine and beer will be available.  All of this for $13.00. There
will still be a volunterary gift exchange and of course the *goodie bags*.
More information to follow on the list.  As always we welcome all NFB
members family, friends and interested persons.

Another item of interest was the fund raiser gift wrapping at Borders Books.
We were again given hours to wrap gifts for donations .  This has been a
very profitable event in the past and is a wonderful way to interact with
the public and to out reach to people.   We have shifts open and would be
greatful for people to help out.  Gift wrapping skills are not necessary!
It works well to have one to chat and one to wrap.  If you are interested or
feel the need to volunteer  please call Seattle Secretary Kay Burrows at
425-702-2030 or 206-551-6233 to fill in open slots.  It is really fun.

We ddiscussed the conventionand the successful Ipod raffle. Jim Janney gave
a report on our Shop for a Cause  and plans for next year's event.
Information was given about DSB, The OTC and funding or lack there of and
it's effects.  We were happy to welcome a new member, Dianne Ferral.

Remember more party information to follow and we really would like to see
you there!