[nfbwatlk] WCb Scholarships 2010

Alco Canfield amcanfield at comcast.net
Thu Jun 3 21:08:32 UTC 2010

I am writing you as a member of the Washington Council of the Blind
scholarship committee to let you know that this year, 2010, our organization
is again awarding post high school scholarships to legally blind residents
of Washington state attending accredited colleges or technical schools
anywhere nationwide.

We very much would like to invite you, or any post high school students you
know who fit the above mentioned criteria to apply for our scholarships.  We
have frequently awarded scholarships up to $4000.  Requirements and
necessary documents for application are noted both in the cover letter and
scholarship application on our website.

Please go to:
www.wcbinfo.org, click on "go directly to announcements", and then click on
2010 scholarship.  YOu will note first the cover letter with instructions,
and at the bottom there will be a link to the application itself.

As the cover letter notes, there will be a telephone interview, and a
selection process by the committee.  If you are selected to receive a
scholarship, you will be asked to join us at our state convention in
Vancouver Washington this upcoming November.

If you need assistance in filling out the application, or have any
questions, please feel free to contact me at the e-mail address above, or
contact scholarship chair Julie Brannon e-mail address:
jbrannon0612 at comcast.net
Phone: 206-547-7444.

Our organization and the scholarship committee do hope you take advantage of
this offer, for it's an expensive venture being involved in post high school
education for anyone, and particularly in regard to the needs of legally
blind students.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Alco Canfield