[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: Important Message from the Director of NFB NEWSLINE

Humberto Avila hum4avila_71 at fastmail.fm
Fri Dec 31 05:13:07 UTC 2010

  _____

From: NFB-NEWSLINE [mailto:rwest at nfb.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:43 PM
To: hum4avila_71 at fastmail.fm
Subject: Important Message from the Director of NFB NEWSLINE

<http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=cby486cab&v=001SbPU0nO9d
PDIzj-bZrvfo6fq_5HPk82YZQPBiu6_OMRxmfJwzDDkzO75iCJ0hKA9zflvHYzbfkviapOKh1Zqp
x3P_ZqLviW4nGyG_1HMrSUVMwFA_fhzfw%3D%3D>

 NFB-NEWSLINE <http://www.nfbnewsline.org>
NFB-NEWSLINE
December 30, 2010

Dear Valued Subscriber,

Subject: A message from the Director of NFB-NEWSLINE regarding the NLS DTB
Downloader program.

On December 20, 2010, NFB-NEWSLINE released the National Library Service
(NLS) Digital Talking Book (DTB) Downloader program, which allows
subscribers to download their favorite publications to the NLS DTB cartridge
or a USB drive to be played on the new NLS digital player.  After the
release of this new access method for NFB-NEWSLINE subscribers, we saw a lot
of persons start using the downloader program, which caused significant
stress on our servers.  While the surge of persons wishing to use the NLS
DTB Downloader program is fantastic, it has produced an overload on our
computer resources that were allocated for this process, causing some users
to experience a series of error messages followed by an abort of the NLS DTB
Downloader program, or causing the program to stop working during the middle
of a publication download.  We are currently making modifications to the
servers that operate this process, as well as modifications to the NLS DTB
Downloader program that you installed on your computer.  When the improved
NLS DTB Downloader software for your computer is ready, it will be necessary
for you to uninstall your current version and install the new version.
Further details as they become available will be posted on the NFB-NEWSLINE
phone service and our Web site, www.nfbnewslineonline.org
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=cby486cab&et=1104165769709&s=7266&e=001tKPPbR
WzK2DAg46ZJAsaLZk-kKV9GGkE6_2-NCk9CYDiw6yTsBRf-K-V5Lmogk5qoMgPCBOe-_UR53gmDf
LezHNBgcIofYmB1s_EARChfvhUFYqmPfTmSGZdXG74XqWt> .  We will also send out
status update e-mails to subscribers who have an e-mail address on file with
us.  If you wish to receive status update e-mails and do not have an address
on file with us, please call (866) 504-7300 to have it added to your
subscriber profile.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these
system issues.

Sincerely,

Scott White

NFB-NEWSLINE Director

Forward email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=cby486cab&m=1102661541922&ea=
hum4avila_71%40fastmail.fm&a=1104165769709>

<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=0016dg6FiqVpZcDXYB2Vq78eA%3D%3
D&se=001Q4vlkpXQWe4%3D&t=001wiMiADLwSkG3pCxZU3-Wkw%3D%3D&llr=cby486cab> Safe
Unsubscribe

This email was sent to hum4avila_71 at fastmail.fm by rwest at nfb.org.
Update Profile/Email Address
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=0016dg6FiqVpZcDXYB2Vq78eA%3D%3
D&se=001Q4vlkpXQWe4%3D&t=001wiMiADLwSkG3pCxZU3-Wkw%3D%3D&llr=cby486cab>  |
Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=0016dg6FiqVpZcDXYB2Vq78eA%3D%3
D&se=001Q4vlkpXQWe4%3D&t=001wiMiADLwSkG3pCxZU3-Wkw%3D%3D&llr=cby486cab> T |
Privacy Policy <http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp> .
Email Marketing <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_BusLet_002>
by
 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_BusLet_002>
NFB-NEWSLINE | 200 East Wells Street | Baltimore | MD | 21230

<http://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?llr=cby486cab&t=1104165769709.0.1102661541922.726
6&ts=S0574&o=http://ui.constantcontact.com/images/p1x1.gif>