[nfbwatlk] FW: [List] FW: NPR link about Vermeij

Mary Ellen gabias at telus.net
Thu Aug 12 02:53:48 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces at cfb.ca [mailto:list-bounces at cfb.ca] On Behalf Of Paul
Gabias
Sent: August 11, 2010 9:20 AM
To: list at cfb.ca
Subject: [List] FW: NPR link about Vermeij

Hello folks,

This is about a blind professor of biology who collects shells.  It was well
done, and you can hear him working with a reader and a braille writer.  Some
people think that the Perkins brailler is an antique.  It is certainly not
for me!  I use it every day, and so does this professor.

All The Best

Paul

  Here is the link to the NPR recording.

  http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4665906

You may have to go back one page to down load the link.  Just follow
instructions, and you should be able to listen to this

Paul.