[nfbwatlk] FW: An Update on Walk Bike Ride

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 7 22:07:52 UTC 2010

 <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?OfficeoftheMayor/913817900f/32a1830d52/61d7331b07>
Walk Bike Ride

Thanks to everyone who participated in the July Walk Bike Ride Challenge!
While you were cutting two car trips a week, elected officials and business
leaders were trying to go car free five days in a row. If you haven't had a
chance to read about their experiences there are great blog posts up at
http://walkbikeride.seattle.gov
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?OfficeoftheMayor/913817900f/32a1830d52/194be1fa7d>
. If you were not able to participate in the July Walk Bike Ride Challenge,
a new
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?OfficeoftheMayor/913817900f/32a1830d52/3164e0b6a0>
program starts mid August.

We're also getting some excellent feedback through the Walk Bike Ride ballot
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?OfficeoftheMayor/913817900f/32a1830d52/cdeb6f3798>
.  This is your chance to tell us what is most important to have more of in
your neighborhood. We will consider this feedback when we make project
decisions. For example, we might find that some types of bike facilities are
preferred over others, or that there's more demand for certain forms of
transit.

If you've already filled out a ballot, please pass
<http://oi.vresp.com/f2af/v4/send_to_friend.html?ch=913817900f&lid=317051945
&ldh=32a1830d52> this on to your friends and neighbors.  If you haven't had
a chance, the deadline is August 31!  Just go to
http://walkbikeride.seattle.gov/ballot
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?OfficeoftheMayor/913817900f/32a1830d52/331b053beb>
to complete the online version or print one and mail it back to us.

Finally, we'd like to encourage everyone to attend the Greenwood
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?OfficeoftheMayor/913817900f/32a1830d52/c545770a6f>
Art Walk Summer Streets Party on August 13, starting at 6:00 p.m.  In
addition to all the other activities, Mayor McGinn will be giving out prizes
from the Challenge drawing at the intersection of 74th Street and Greenwood
Avenue.  We'll see you in the street!

  _____

Click
<http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/621526/913817900f/317051945/32a1830d52/>
to view this email in a browser

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message
with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following
link: Unsubscribe <http://cts.vresp.com/u?913817900f/32a1830d52/mlpftw>

  _____

Office of the Mayor
PO Box 94749