[nfbwatlk] I want to hear from you! (http://your.kingcounty.gov/MKCC/members/patterson/newsletters/enewsletters/10_April_Outlook.html)

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 28 04:47:42 UTC 2010

Can't see this message? View
<http://your.kingcounty.gov/MKCC/members/patterson/newsletters/enewsletters/
10_April.html> here.
 Banner
<http://www.kingcounty.gov/~/media/Patterson/images/enews/enewsbannerNov09_5
80.ashx>

April 2010

Dear Neighbor,

I want to hear from you!  Starting this month, I'm adding survey questions
in my e-newsletter that help me know how you feel about issues that impact
our community. This month, I'd like to hear your opinion on what county
services are most important.  Please take a moment to complete the survey
question so I know what you value most from King County government.
It's also been a busy spring for me at the Council. I want to share some of
the work I've been doing to serve you and the residents of King County,
including information about the budget and the Council's 2010 priorities.
As a life-long resident of South King County, I look forward to all the
great outdoor events our communities put together as the weather gets
warmer.  I hope you can take advantage of some of these great events, which
I've included below.
Happy Spring!
Sincerely,
 Signature
<http://www.kingcounty.gov/~/media/Patterson/images/patterson_Sig_blue.ashx>

Julia Patterson, King County Councilmember - District 5
p.s. Take a minute to check out my video welcome to you!
 Enews banner
<http://www.kingcounty.gov/~/media/Patterson/images/enews/Enewsletterrtupper
.ashx>

Watch my video
<http://your.kingcounty.gov/MKCC/members/patterson/newsletters/enewsletters/
10_April.html> introduction:

<http://your.kingcounty.gov/MKCC/members/patterson/newsletters/enewsletters/
10_April.html> Watch the video welcome to Councilmember Patterson's April
2010 enewsletter.
Video transcript available upon request
<mailto:julia.patterson at kingcounty.gov> .
  _____

Your opinion is important to me.
What King County service do you value most?
( ) Criminal Justice (like the Sheriff's office)
( ) Parks and Open Space (like Skyway Park)
( ) Metro Bus Service
( ) Services that keep people Healthy and Safe (like domestic violence
prevention)
[Submit]
Look for survey results in May on my website, Facebook page, Twitter, and in
next month's e-news.

 Julia walking with friends
<http://www.kingcounty.gov/~/media/Patterson/images/enews/enewswalking.ashx>

King County Councilmember
Julia Patterson
www.kingcounty.gov/patterson
julia.patterson at kingcounty.gov
Find me on:  <http://www.facebook.com/CMJuliaPatterson>
Facebook-f-300x300[1] <http://www.twitter.com/CMJulia> Follow KCCouncil on
Twitter <http://www.youtube.com/user/CMJuliaPatterson> YouTube

 Horizontal line
<http://www.kingcounty.gov/~/media/Patterson/images/enews/Enewsletter_redbar
.ashx>

Potential Budget Cuts to Criminal Justice

Recently the Council's budget committee was briefed on potential cuts to
criminal justice programs due to a $60 million budget shortfall.  If these
cuts are realized, the impact on public safety could be devastating.  Read
<http://www.kingcounty.gov/council/news/2010/April/JP_budgCJ.aspx> more.

 elected leaders of King County's criminal justice system
<http://www.kingcounty.gov/~/media/Council/images/2010/04_14_10_electeds300.
ashx>

 Horizontal line
<http://www.kingcounty.gov/~/media/Patterson/images/enews/Enewsletter_redbar
.ashx>

Council Priorities

This month, the King County Council adopted priorities for 2010.  King
County residents deserve to have a sound understanding of exactly what
County government does to protect their health and safety and provide
continuity in service delivery and operations.  This legislation gives
citizens the opportunity to become engaged with their government and is also
a way for the County to highlight the excellent services that are provided
to protect and enhance the quality of life in our region. Read
<http://www.kingcounty.gov/council/issues/council_priorities.aspx> more.

 Citizen testifies before budget committee.
<http://www.kingcounty.gov/~/media/Council/images/budget/blog_KENT.ashx>

 Horizontal line
<http://www.kingcounty.gov/~/media/Patterson/images/enews/Enewsletter_redbar
.ashx>

Upcoming Community Events

May is Bike to Work Month!
May is National Bike to  <http://www.bikeleague.org/programs/bikemonth/>
Work Month. In King County, you can participate in Bike to Work Month by
joining the Group Health Commute Challenge. Whether bicycling is new to you
or you're a seasoned rider, this is a great opportunity to challenge
yourself, your family, and your co-workers.  You just need to commute FIVE
times, or more, (round-trips) during the 30-day period and be eligible for
great prizes.  Click here <http://www.cbcef.org/btw/cc.html>  for useful
resources for new and veteran cyclists and to learn more about the Commute
Challenge.
Countywide Community Forums
When: Ongoing, May 1 - June 13
Where: Throughout King County!
Topic: Public Trust: Customer Service and Public Engagement
Countywide Community Forums (CCF) is a King County civic engagement program
overseen by the King County Auditor. The program is independently funded,
run by volunteers, and is designed to bring the public forum right to your
kitchen table, neighborhood, or workplace.  Click
<http://www.countywidecommunityforums.org/web/guest/home> here for more
information.
'Bag your bags! Bring 'em back' Recycling Campaign
When: Throughout April and May
Where: Participating stores in Des Moines, Kent, Renton, SeaTac, and
throughout King County
Approximately 61,000 tons of recyclable plastic bags and film are thrown
into King County's landfill every year. For the next six weeks,
participating grocery stores will encourage shoppers to stuff all their used
plastic bags from home into a single bag, tie it up and drop them into a
plastic bag collection container in the stores. Click
<http://your.kingcounty.gov/solidwaste/garbage-recycling/bag-your-bags.asp>
here for more information.

 Group Health Commute Challenge <http://www.cbcef.org/btw/img/ghcc-sm.gif>

 Horizontal line
<http://www.kingcounty.gov/~/media/Patterson/images/enews/Enewsletter_blueba
r.ashx>

About my ENewsletter
Click here to
<mailto:pattersonenews at kingcounty.gov?subject=Unsubscribe%20District5>
remove yourself from my enewsletter list.
Click here to  <http://www.kingcounty.gov/Patterson/eNewsletter_Form.aspx>
subscribe to my enewsletter.
If you have any questions or comments, please email me,
<mailto:julia.patterson at kingcounty.gov> julia.patterson at kingcounty.gov
To review my recent e-newsletters,
<http://www.kingcounty.gov/Patterson/Newsletters.aspx> click here.

Lisa Hofferber
Communications
Metropolitan King County Council
206-296-1708
My work schedule is Monday - Wednesday. For assistance on Thursday or
Friday, please contact Andrew Jayasundera 296-0360.