[nfbwatlk] Fw: WTBBL Patron Computer Station Training

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Apr 15 04:02:51 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Junius, David
To: k7uij at panix.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 9:57 AM
Subject: WTBBL Patron Computer Station Training

Hello, Mike-

I am the outreach coordinator for WTBBL, and we have Tristen Breitenfeldt from DSB working with us for a five week internship.  Could you please send the following announcement to the NFBW listserv announcing the availability of training for our new Patron Computer Station?  We sent it to the WTBBL listserv of 700 and posted it on our website last week.

Thanks,

David Junius
Volunteer Services and Outreach Coordinator
Washington Talking Book & Braille Library
2021 9th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121-2783
phone: (206) 615-0417 / fax: (206) 615-0437
david.junius at sos.wa.gov

Free Patron Computer Station Training at WTBBL!

 The Washington Talking Book & Braille Library (WTBBL) is excited to invite you to come in to the library and use our new Patron Computer Station.

The new Patron Computer Station has a number of nice features that make it attractive and useful to WTBBL patrons, particularly for those who want to download digital books but don't have access at home.

Trainings on using these technologies are available at 1 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. on April 26, 27, and 30, and May 3, 4, 7, 10, 11 and 14, with library volunteer Tristen Breitenfeldt.

For more information, or to schedule a training time, contact David at (206) 615-0417 or david.junius at sos.wa.gov.

Here are the technologies now offered at the Patron Computer Station:

Windows XP Professional operating system

Internet Explorer 7 web browser

Firefox 3.5 web browser

Microsoft Office 2007 Suite, including Word and Excel

Adobe Reader 9.2

JAWS 11.0 screen reader software

PowerBraille 40 character refreshable braille display

MAGic 11.0 screen magnification software

Windows XP magnifier software

Duxbury 10.7 braille translation program

Romeo 25 braille embosser

Direct link to the NLS BARD digital book download system

Direct link to WTBBL's digital book download system

Desktop LaserJet printer

Epson 4490 scanner

ABBYY FineReader 6.0 software for scanner

24" adjustable monitor

Desktop speakers and headphones

A variety of standard and ergonomic mousing devices

Anthro adjustable height table