[nfbwatlk] The NFB Where The Blind Work Needs Child Care Job Descriptions
newmanrl at cox.net
Thu Sep 3 01:07:43 UTC 2009
The NFB Where The Blind Work Needs Child Care Job Descriptions
We need descriptions of jobs that are found within the field of child
care (director, teacher, assistant etc.) and of how you do them. Your
description will be added to the NFB's "Where The Blind work," a new
and ever growing resource of career descriptions and how the blind
compete within them. This is a great resource to assist youth to plan
for future employment and for the adult who is looking to change jobs
Your description must follow the below five question format:
When completed please email them to me at
<mailto:newmanrl at cox.net>newmanrl at cox.net
(A * indicates a required field):
1. * Name, * Industry in which you work, * Job title, Address 1,
Address 2, City, State, Zip Code, Phone number, E-mail,
* 2. Please explain to us what any worker would do on this job
(specialized blindness alternatives will appear below).
* 3. Please tell us the cause of your blindness. Then, let us know
about the alternative methods and/or techniques you use to perform your job.
* 4. Please let us know of any required special training, education,
certificates, experience, etc. needed for this job.
* 5. Please tell us about anyone or anything that aided you to be successful.
(A joint project between the Jernigan Institute and the NFB Writers'
Division; for all people)
Visit the "Where The Blind Work" at-
President NFB Writers' Division
Robert Leslie Newman
Email- newmanrl at cox.net
More information about the NFBWATlk