[nfbwatlk] A warm embrace from a slithery pal, The Olympian, September 24 2009

Kay Burrows theladykathryn4one at juno.com
Thu Oct 1 17:56:18 UTC 2009

When I was a kid we had a pet skunk for a while.  It was descented.  It bit
my dad on the thumb and he had to choke it until it passed out to get his
them free.  When he wednt to the hospital to get the wound cleaned and
dressed at first they did not want to admit him for fear of the odor.  He
had to point out to them that he had no skunk odor emitting from himself.
So the use of a skunk might cause the service animal user to get bit or  be
refused care based on the nature of the service animal.  As to pet tigers I
have no experience and I am sure you are greatful for that.

KB