[nfbwatlk] Announcing www.TeachBlindStudents.org!

Carranza, Rosy RCarranza at nfb.org
Thu Nov 19 22:55:22 UTC 2009

The National Federation of the Blind has launched a nationwide teacher
recruitment campaign to help attract energetic and passionate
individuals into the field of blindness education, and we need your
help!  As a part of this effort, we developed
www.TeachBlindStudents.org, a new online resource to help promote the
rewarding career of teaching blind students. The site features a wealth
of information for perspective teachers, a program for current blindness
education professionals, and an opportunity to join our teacher
recruitment efforts!

Currently, we are looking for individuals to make presentations to high
school and college students in their local communities. This teacher
recruitment project is great for current students, parents of blind
children, local chapters, state affiliates, and for others interested in
the education of blind students. To learn more about the Teacher
Recruitment Network, or to get involved, visit
www.TeachBlindStudents.org. There is a link from our home page that will
take you to an area where you can sign up to help. If you have any
questions about this program, contact Rosy Carranza at (410) 659-9314,
ext. 2283, or email her at rcarranza at nfb.org. Together, we really can
make a difference in the education of blind students!