[nfbwatlk] Any assistance for Facebook?

Jim jp100 at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 7 23:55:37 UTC 2009

Howdy,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any technical support for Facebook that one could call or email.  I think there's a bit of a problem with it, and I don't think I'm the only person who had trouble with it, as a sighted friend of mine found the same things.

I noticed that when people join facebook, one can right away see where people are from.  I was told that this was done by joining a network.
So, if I wanted to let people know I was from Seattle, WA, then I had to join the network that said, Seattle, WA.

I went to "settings" and then to "networks" and when it told me to join the network, I typed in "Seattle."  It then gave me some choices, but it always went back to asking me about a school email and basically only thought that I was either a student or someone involved with a school in Seattle.

When I had a sighted friend do it for me, she experienced the same thing.  Someone else tried it on her computer for her account, and she experienced the same thing.
So, I'm wondering if this is a Facebook problem.
I couldn't do any of this on the facebook mobile page, but I could do it on the regular page, and that's what I did.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
Jim Portillo