[nfbwatlk] Federation Centers

Frye, Dan DFrye at nfb.org
Mon May 11 12:31:17 UTC 2009

Elizabeth:

In the Braille Monitor we just finished running an in-depth series on
the three NFB-oriented training centers. These articles explore the
unique characteristics of the three centers, emphasize their
philosophical approach to blindness, examine some of their secondary
programs, reveal teaching strategies and student anecdotes, and animate
the color and spirit of each of the facilities through a series of
photographs. These appeared in the May 2008, October 2008, and February
2009 editions of the magazine. Back editions of the Braille Monitor can
probably be provided to you in hard-copy, but if not, certainly they are
available from our Website. If these profiles help in your effort to
send blind Canadians here for high-quality blindness training, I urge
you to use these materials as liberally as you wish.

With Kind Regards,

***********************
Daniel B. Frye, J.D.
Associate Editor