[nfbwatlk] Fw: voice on the go f a q

Lauren Merryfield lauren1 at catliness.com
Fri Mar 13 06:52:31 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Lauren Merryfield
To: Lauren Merryfield
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:27 AM
Subject: voice on the go f a q

FAQ_IL_FINAL.pdf
Open parent document
Say: Say: Say:
"Next Email"
"Previous Email"
"First+Last Name" "Pla
Visit the Voice on the Go USER PORTAL at www.voiceonthego.com to customize your account
nformation, features and settings such as adding contacts and setting user preferences.
Customer Support: support at voiceonthego.com or call 905.305.1355 x20
Voice on the Go® - Frequently Asked Questions
GENERAL QUESTIONS
Q. What is Voice on the Go?
A. Voice on the Go® is a mobile voice application
that allows mobile professionals and consumers
to listen to their email, contacts, calendar and
other content by VOICE, at anytime, on ANY
mobile device, including BlackBerry® smartphone,
Apple iPhoneT, Windows Mobile® ,
GoogleT Android®, Palm® PreT and Symbian
devices - while driving, or at any other time.
Q. Where and when can I use Voice on the Go?
A. Anytime, anywhere. Voice on the Go is a voicebased
mobile application that requires nothing
more than a mobile device from which users can
access their email and SMS by voice. This provides
users with a complete solution for hands-free/
eyes-free communication.
Q. Which handhelds are compatible with Voice
on the Go?
A. Voice on the Go is accessible from ANY mobile
device, including BlackBerry® smartphone, Apple
iPhoneT, Windows Mobile® , GoogleT Android®,
Palm® PreT and Symbian devices - or even a
land-line.
Q. Does it matter which wireless network my
hand-held device runs on?
A. Voice on the Go works on ANY carrier network.
Q. Do I need any special training or manuals to
use Voice on the Go?
A. You do not need any training to use Voice on
the Go. Simple voice commands are all that is
required. Refer to the Quick Reference Guide for
our easy to use Voice Commands.
Q. Can I send SMS text messages without typing
with Voice on the Go?
A. Using your voice you can send Voice-to-SMS*
messages using Voice on the Go.
Q. When I send an email message with Voice on
the Go does the recipient receive an audio
recording of my message, or do they receive it
as text?
A. Users can reply, compose and forward email
using Voice on the Go's Voice-to-Text*. The user
creates an email message. Voice on the Go then
converts the message into text and sends it. An
audio le will accompany the text message as an
attachment (.Wav).
Q. Can I place phone calls from my contacts?
A. From within your contacts you can place calls,
using local access numbers, worldwide, by voice.
Once a call has been completed you can end the
call and return to using Voice on the Go.
Version: VOTG-IND-2017
USER EXPERIENCE QUESTIONS
Q. Do I need a specic headset to access
Voice on the Go?
A. Voice on the Go works with ANY Bluetooth,
wired-headset or in-car system.
Q. Do I have to download software to my handheld
device to use Voice on the Go?
A. Voice on the Go does not require any software
to be downloaded.
Q. What email account(s) can I access with
Voice on the Go?
A. Voice on the Go supports most web-based emails
and we're adding more all the time.
Don't know if it will work with your provider?
Ask them if they o
er POP3 or IMAP access, or
just email us at info at voiceonthego.com.
Q. How many email accounts can I enable?
A. You can access up to four (4) email accounts
with Voice on the Go.
Q. I am visually impaired. Can I use Voice on the Go?
A. Voice on the Go is fully accessible to visually
impaired subscribers. Account set up and information
screens are compliant with commonly
used screen reader programs. Once set up, you
can access Voice on the Go by listening and
talking.
*Trade Marks of Voice on the Go Inc. Copyright © 2009
Customer Support:
support at voiceonthego.com
905.305.1355 x20
Skype: voice.on.the.go.support
Say: Say: Say:
"Next Email"
"Previous Email"
"First+Last Name" "Pla
Visit the Voice on the Go USER PORTAL at www.voiceonthego.com to customize your account
nformation, features and settings such as adding contacts and setting user preferences.
Customer Support: support at voiceonthego.com or call 905.305.1355 x20
Voice on the Go® - Frequently Asked Questions
TECHNICAL QUESTIONS
VOICE ON THE GO TIPS:
1. Voice on the Go will automatically start
at your Email Inbox.
2. Speak naturally and clearly, yelling or
increasing the volume reduces accuracy.
3. When the system poses a question to you,
please provide a "yes" or "no" response.
4. To end your Voice on the Go call, hang-up or
say "Good-Bye".
5. Say "Play <Language>" to hear the email read in
the language that it was written.
This option is available for messages that were
authored in "English", "French", Italian", "Spanish",
"German" or "Dutch".
6. Navigation Tip:
You can interrupt the system at any time with
any command.
Visit the Voice on the Go USER PORTAL at
www.voiceonthego.com/login
To customize your account information,
features and settings such as adding
contacts and creating user preferences.
Q. What email account(s) can I access with Voice
on the Go?
A. For personal email:
Voice on the Go supports most web-based emails
and we're adding more all the time.
Don't know if it will work with your provider?
Ask them if they oer POP3 or IMAP access, or
just email us at info at voiceonthego.com.
For business email:
To access your business email account, there
are 2 options:
1. If your business email is POP3 or IMAP enabled
and your System Administrator grants you POP3
or IMAP access, it is accessible when you sign up
at www.voiceonthego.com.
With POP3 Note: All emails that arrive in your
Outlook Inbox will be marked as "read" with this
option.
2. If your business email is not POP3 or IMAP
enabled, a Voice on the Go enterprise version is
available that provides secure voice access to
corporate email for companies, government and
other organizations. For more information, please
email us at info at voiceonthego.com .
Q. What is POP3 or IMAP?
A. POP3 and IMAP are methods of accessing your
email from programs such as Outlook or Outlook
Express and .Mac.
Q. Can I change my settings or preferences?
A. You can change your user settings and preferences
online from the Voice on the Go User
Portal at www.voiceonthego.com/login
Q. When you access email with Voice on the Go,
do they remain in your Inbox unread?
A. Voice on the Go acts like most other mail clients
when accessing your email provider. Most mail
servers leave all mail as unread in your Inbox,
even though you may have listened to them in
Voice on the Go (Hotmail, Yahoo, others).
Q. Can Voice on the Go read email attachments?
A. Voice on the Go will tell you when you have an
attachment, and for most, which type of document
it is.
Q. Can I use Voice on the Go in a noisy
environment?
A. Voice on the Go features superior voice
recognition; however, when accessing Voice on
the Go in a noisy environment, you may need to
mute the microphone and use the keypad on
your phone (DTMF). Please refer to the Voice on
the Go DTMF Commands for a complete list of
touch-tone functions.
Customer Support:
support at voiceonthego.com
905.305.1355 x20
Skype: voice.on.the.go.support
VOTG-IND-2017
*Trade Marks of Voice on the Go Inc. Copyright © 2009
Open parent document
When rays of sunlight break through the clouds on a gloomy day, it is
a welcome reminder that the sun is always shining--whether I see it or
not.--from Daily Word, author unknown
CATLINES has moved to a blog at:
bizcats.blogs.com/catlines/
Visit us at our catly site: