[nfbwatlk] Fw: Legislators bring the budget to you

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 12 06:30:28 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Cheryl Murfin, Fuse
To: Jacob Struiksma
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 4:35 PM
Subject: Legislators bring the budget to you

      Find your town hall:

Dear Friend,

This weekend your Washington State Senators and Representatives are coming to you. In the midst of an $8 billion deficit they need to hear your thoughts on the budget crisis and what it will mean to you and your district.

Many critical programs are on the chopping block - funding for education and programs that provide health care to hundreds of thousands of Washingtonians are at risk. This is your chance to weigh in and tell your legislators what those programs mean to you.

This will likely be the best opportunity we'll have to let our legislators know what these cuts will really mean. Click here to see when and where the town hall is in your district:

http://www.fusewashington.org/page/s/townhall

These town halls are a great way for you to let your representatives know what is important to you as they make tough choices about the budget.

Whether the environment, health care, education, campaign finance, transportation or any other issues are important to you, this is your chance to make your voice heard in person.

After a legislative deadline on Thursday, we will also know what bills are still alive. You can congratulate your legislators for bills that have passed that you support. And of course you can also express your frustrations if bills that are important to you are dead.

Legislators need to hear that people want a reasonable approach to balancing the budget, and that we don't want to sacrifice long term progress for short term fixes.

Click her to find the details about your town hall:

http://www.fusewashington.org/page/s/townhall

Thanks and see you there!

Cheryl Murfin, Fuse

www.fusewashington.org

Fuse helps you make a difference by making your voice heard on the most important issues when the decisions are being made. Real people generating stronger progressive leadership from elected officials -- that is the power of Fuse.
Together for Progress
Join us at
www.fusewashington.org

Support our member-driven organization: Fuse depends on the support of our members. If you'd like to support our work, you can give now at: www.fusewashington.org/donate