[nfbwatlk] Fw: Looking for ways to get involved at Great City?

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 7 00:37:29 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael McGinn
To: jacobstruiksma at gmail.com
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 2:43 PM
Subject: Looking for ways to get involved at Great City?

Looking for ways to get involved at Great City?

We recently started my.greatcity.org as a community site, in conjunction with our www.greatcity.org site.  We are posting volunteer opportunities, events and activities as they arise at my.greatcity.org, so please join the site.

Our Green Infrastructure Campaign for 2009 is starting up, and we have a great volunteer leader in Nate Cormier.  A description of the campaign plan and volunteer opportunities can be found in these discussion threads here.

The Streets for People Campaign has its online headquarters here.  Our next meeting is Tuesday, March 10th at 5:30 pm at Nyhus Communications, where we will be developing campaign targets and tactic for the next six months.    All are welcome.  RSVP to Allison.burson at greatcity.org

A major event coming up on the horizon is a Low Impact Vehicle exhibition.  We could really use entries for this.  This is the brainchild of public artist Cheryl dos Remedios.  Please help us spread the word by recruiting exhibitors and sponsors.

We also welcome volunteers to our Neighborhood Assistance Program.  The level of commitment to this is relatively moderate.  To meet the people involved, we are holding a happy hour this Monday, March 9th at 5:00 pm at Fado at 801 1st Ave.

And we welcome volunteer bloggers - either at my.greatcity.org (just join the site and write) or www.greatcity.org (contact allison.burson at greatcity.org.)

There is more, but I will stop there. We really value the work of volunteers.  We run on your energy.

And don't forget, to join us at our first brown bag lunch at GGLO:
Brownbag Lunch Presentation on ID Vision 2030 by Tom Im, Thursday, March 12th, 12:00-1:00 pm, GGLO Harbor Steps, 1301 First Ave, Suite 301

For more events check out the events section of our new site and feel to post others as well.

If you value our work, please consider making a financial donation.  In these times, it is more important than ever that we have broad base of supporters.