[nfbwatlk] Convention Impressions

Alco Canfield amcanfield at comcast.net
Fri Jul 17 19:00:53 UTC 2009

Well said, Jedi.

Krys, I am delighted that you got so much out of National Convention.  There is no greater inspiration than seeing other competent blind people.  It is a re-energizer.

As someone who has worked as a Vocational Counselor, I would suggest that you get all the skills you can before going back to school.  Believe me, you're going to need them all!  You were right in recognizing the benefit of greater self-confidence.  You get that from mastering new skills and learning at the emotional level that it is respectable to be blind;  that you can become a contributing member of society, and you can have a wonderful life.

Good luck to you, whatever you decide to do.

Alco Canfield