[nfbwatlk] Fund-raising Committee

Robert Sellers robertsellers500 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 1 07:35:11 UTC 2009

Thanks, Mike.

To the members of the National Federation of the Blind of Washington:

As it is with all committees in our NFB, one person cannot do it alone. It
takes a collective  input of ideas and effort by all....
Communication between chapters and the State is important. I would like to
have each chapter president appoint a member of their chapter to be a member
of the fund raising committee. Until I hear of such an appointment, the
chapter president will serve as that person. I realize the committee can not
be completed until after the National convention.

A brief comment as to my philosophy of a state fund raising committee. Fund
raising from the state level  is two fold. That is, the state can have a
fund raiser, in which, all the local chapters can participate. I believe
unity in the State organization is enhanced  when local chapters are
involved in state fund raising. Secondly, the state may have a fund raiser
that raises funds in which chapters may not be involved, i.e. such as  the
fund raising that Ramona did for us.

I'll appreciate any ideas and thoughts anyone has concerning fund rasing.

If time permits and with Mike's approval I may propose a fund rasing idea at
our caucus at the National convention.

Hope to see you in Detroit.

Bob Sellers

  Ramona was doing