[nfbwatlk] FW: WSBA Announces YouTube Video Contest Judges - Washington Residents Have Five Months Left to Enter

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Sat Jan 17 00:24:04 UTC 2009

FYI!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: email at wsba.org [mailto:email at wsba.org]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2009 8:10 AM
To: Nightingale, Noel
Subject: WSBA Announces YouTube Video Contest Judges - Washington Residents Have Five Months Left to Enter

WSBA Announces YouTube Video Contest Judges - Washington Residents Have Five Months Left to Enter

A panel representing a broad range of culture and society will help select one winner in the WSBA's first-ever YouTube video contest entitled "Justice for All: A Northwest Perspective." Would-be filmmakers and television producers have until June 15, 2009, to enter the contest. The contest offers a chance for Washington residents to win in either of two categories: (1) Judged, and (2) People's Choice. A judging panel will select the winner in the judged category.  The People's Choice winner will be selected on the number of hits the posted entry receives on the WSBA YouTube site. The winner in each category will receive $1,000.

The panel selecting the winner in the judged category will include:
* The Honorable Gerry Alexander - Chief Justice, Washington State Supreme Court
* Krist Novoselic - Musician and media columnist
* Barbara Serrano - Managing editor, Yakima Herald-Republic
* Elizabeth Shepherd - Director of children's programming, Northwest Film Forum

The WSBA is pleased to have individuals with such diverse professional and cultural backgrounds to help to select one entry that best exemplifies the promise of "justice" for individuals throughout this country.

The contest is open to all Washington residents, young and old, lawyers and non-lawyers. Contestants must create and submit an original video - three minutes in length or less - on the theme of "Justice for All." Entries will be accepted until 5 p.m. (PDT) on June 15, 2009. All valid entries will be posted on YouTube.

The contest was created to advance and promote the public's understanding of the rule of law and confidence in the legal system. The WSBA is reaching out to Washington residents of all ages and encouraging them to better understand the importance and value of the justice system in their daily lives.

The WSBA kicked off the YouTube video contest last fall as a fun, creative, and entertaining way to articulate an important principle which affects everyone. Rules and an entry form are available at www.wsba.org/justiceforall.htm. The WSBA will announce the contest winners in September 2009.

TO RECEIVE LIMITED MESSAGES
To limit your e-mail, please send an e-mail to email at wsba.org with "limited" in the subject line and indicate by option number how you would like to limit your e-mail.
Option 1: "I do not want my e-mail address sold. If you select option 1, you will not receive information about any CLEs, including WSBA and section-sponsored CLEs. (Please note that the WSBA sells e-mail addresses to CLE providers only.) Option 2: "I do not want any CLE information except for CLEs that are sponsored by sections to which I belong."
Option 3: "I do not want any non-official WSBA or legal community notices."

TO PREVENT YOUR E-MAIL FROM BEING PUBLISHED If you do not want your e-mail address published in either the printed Resources directory or the online Lawyer Directory (http://pro.wsba.org), please send an e-mail to email at wsba.org with "unpublished" in the subject line.