[nfbwatlk] Inspirational and Interesting

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Thu Jan 8 03:52:39 UTC 2009

Wow. That's really sad that he's not doing so well. I hope he'll make
it out okay. But if not, I hope he lives the rest of his life in
relative comfort. I'm sadly reminded of Dr. Z and the difficulties she
faced as she battled cancer. It's good that he has a strong
spirituality as it will help him through the worst of his suffering.

It's also sad that the white cane is treated with such contemt.
Echolocation is easily used with the cane and less tiresome for the
tongue. It's also sad that it's considered best to avoid treating a kid
like their disabled when they clearly are. What "disabled" means,
however changes from person to person. My mother once said that she
didn't raise me like a blind kid. but that's silly because I am blind;
it's just sad that on some level, she associated blindness with
helplessness and thus didn't raise me blind. Does that make sense? On
the positive side, I was raised to be confident and self sufficient,
and thank goodness for it.

My hopes go out to him and his family.

--
REspectfully,