[nfbwatlk] Fw: [Blindtlk] Director of Kansas Rehabilitation Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
k7uij at panix.com
Wed Feb 25 04:19:26 UTC 2009
----- Original Message -----
From: "Fredric Schroeder (by way of David Andrews<dandrews at visi.com>)"
<fschroeder at sks.com>
To: <david.andrews at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 7:15 PM
Subject: [Blindtlk] Director of Kansas Rehabilitation Center for the
Blind and Visually Impaired
Here is the job posting for the Administrator of Kansas Services for the
Blind and Visually Impaired. This person would also run the Kansas
Rehabilitation Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired in Topeka,
Please distribute widely. The deadline for application is March 5.
Job Title: Blind Services Administrator
Req. No: 163075
Agency Name: Dept of Social & Rehab Svcs
Posting Type: External --> Click here for Definition of
<http://www.da.ks.gov/ps/pub/definition.htm> Posting Type
Applications accepted through: MAR 05, 2009
The Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services (SRS)
currently has an Administrator in Kansas Services for the Blind and
As an Blind Services Administrator, you will:
* direct, manage and evaluate the development and implementation of
services and programs for people who are blind or visually impaired
* manage /direct subordinate staff who may include front-line
supervisors, staff in professional disciplines related to Vocational
Rehabilitation and Independent Living, facility managers, and support
* Is based in Topeka, KS
* Earns $55k annually based on skills, education and/or experience
* Has outstanding benefits
* Is eligible for Veterans' preference
* To meet the minimum requirements for this position, you must have
two years of experience in planning, organizing and directing the work
department, program or agency. Education may be substituted for
as determined relevant by the agency.
* experience within the disciplines of Vocational Rehabilitation,
Independent Living, Facility Management
* knowledge of blindness issues and the rehabilitation of persons who
are blind or visually impaired
* knowledge of Federal and State statutes, rules and regulations as it
pertains to programs and services of KSBVI is a plus
* You must submit your complete application and all supporting
documents by the closing date of the announcement (See "How to Apply"
* You will be subject to a background/suitability
If you . . .
* Are well organized
* Are recognized for your follow-through
* Have broad based experience in a social/human service area
* Build and develop positive relationships
* Value the unique talents, perspectives and life experiences of
. . . then put your skills and abilities to work in an environment
that is both challenging and rewarding for the biggest employer in
How You Will Be Evaluated:
Once you complete and submit your application package, your application
be reviewed to ensure you meet the minimum requirements of the class.
your application will be evaluated and rated based on your
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect
your rating or consideration for employment.
What To Expect Next:
Once your completed application package, including all required
(see below) is received, an evaluation of your qualifications will be
conducted in order to determine your ranking. Based on this ranking, you
be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible
To be successful, the expectation is that a candidate will be able to
competently perform the routine tasks of the position with limited
supervision by the end of the probation period.
Join the SRS team by submitting:
* A resume and cover letter
* An Employment Application (at jobs.ks.gov, select SRS-Central
* Referencing Requisition Number listed above
* By Application Deadline: March 5, 2009.
Veterans' Preference Eligible (VPE):
Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a
"veteran"; under K.S.A. 73-201 will receive an interview if they meet
minimum competency factors of the position. The veterans' preference
not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best
qualified candidate as determined by the hiring manager. Additional VPE
information can be found at
Use the method most convenient for you:
* E Mail: sharri.shehi at srs.ks.gov
* Online at jobs.ks.gov
* Fax: (785) 296-2173
Department of SRS,
915 SW Harrison
6th floor, Topeka, KS 66612
Joining the SRS team means . . .
* Working in a flexible family-friendly environment.
* Being diversity-sensitive by respecting the differences of others.
* Applying prevention to all aspects of your job.
* Working for the largest agency in the state.
* Access to great health benefits including medical, prescription,
dental, and vision.
* Discounts at your favorite businesses.
* Advancement opportunities throughout State of Kansas government
* And a whole lot more!
As the leading Social Services agency, SRS has a mission to protect
children and promote adult self sufficiency.
Click on the link to download position description here
<http://www.srskansas.org/careers/nov/document_icon.jpg> For more
download the full position description here.
blindtlk mailing list
blindtlk at nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
More information about the NFBWATlk