[nfbwatlk] FW: [nabs-l] Looking for ideas

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 14 10:15:14 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of gmail
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 7:03 PM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] Looking for ideas

Hi Ashley,
   Welcome to the NABS list. We will be glad to give you advice any time you
need it.
   Both of those are good fundraiser ideas. Make sure that you are not the
only one doing the selling. Get other people from your state student
division to help you out. Also, I have found that it is very hard to do
fundraising at NFB events since everybody else is doing the same thing. You
have to make sure that whatever you are selling is unique, or otherwise you
will not be able to sell it. As you know, many divisions of the NFB sell
candy, food, hats, and tee-shirts at convention, therefore, it is very hard
to raise lot of money at national events. However, concentrate on local
events. Do not just do fundraisers at NFB events. Make sure that you go out
into the community in your city, school, and community to do fundraising. Go
to local parades, festivals, and anywhere else where you can sell food or
anything else. Some chapters have done car washes to raise money. Some
chapters have gone to local book stores to wrap books or presents during
holidays. Some chapters go to parades and sell ears of corn and other
delicious stuff. Again, do not limit yourselves to the blind community.
   I hope these ideas help.
   Nijat