[nfbwatlk] Wrapper of the Year

Tue Dec 22 16:55:07 UTC 2009

I nominate Kay burrows for that distinction. While shopping at Border
Books yesterday, I noticed that there was a wrapping service going on
next to the cashier's counter.  I asked the cashier if I could get my
gift wrapped, and a voice from the wrapping table said, "I wouldn't wrap
a gift for him, if ...".  I didn't pay attention to the rest, because I
knew it was Kay.  I was really surprised and happy to see her, and NFB
literature, and a donation jar performing this public service to many
harried shoppers.  She was the consummate ambassador for us, and wrapped
a great package for me too!  Great job, Kay, and thanks for relenting
and wrapping the gift.  Of course, you knew it was for one of my kids.
(smile.)

Have a merry Christmas, and glad your son is with you this year.

/s/

Bennett Prows