[nfbwatlk] FW: A shared announcement from The Seeing Eye and NIB
robertsellers500 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 20 21:21:48 UTC 2009
Thought I'd pass this along.
From: Newsletter The Seeing Eye [mailto:news at seeingeye.org]
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2009 12:09 PM
To: TSE Subscriber
Subject: A shared announcement from The Seeing Eye and NIB
We wanted to share the following announcement with you, sent to us by
National Industries for the Blind.
Contact Center Customer Service Representative Recruiting Program
National Industries for the Blind (NIB) is currently developing a
recruiting/pipeline program to help meet the contact center industry's needs
while simultaneously providing high-growth career opportunities for people
who are legally blind. To that end, NIB is seeking legally blind,
experienced, highly-motivated Customer Service Representatives (CSR's) for
an ongoing requirement beginning in February, 2010.
CSR responsibilities will include but are not limited to providing telephone
and email support. Qualified candidates will respond to inbound account
related questions and issues, complete customer correspondence via e-mail
and regular mail, and process inventory reports daily.
Required skills and experience:
- High School degree or GED equivalent required (some college preferred)
- Previous call center/customer service experience a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (bi-lingual and/or Spanish
- Punctual and reliable
- Proficient with data entry.
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 words per minute with 80 percent accuracy
- Proficient with basic Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, and
- Proficient with basic and advanced functionality of assistive technology,
specifically JAWS and/or Zoomtext
- Positive attitude with a pleasant and clear phone demeanor
- Works well with team members and other departments
- Provide proof of legal blindness
If you wish to be considered for this recruiting opportunity as a Customer
Service Representative in a Call Center, please provide send your resume and
3 Professional References to Sarah Schraven at sschraven at nib.org.
You are part of The Seeing Eye family, and we want to stay in touch. If your
email address changes in the future, please be sure to notify us so that you
will continue to receive email announcements. You can go to Newsletter
Subscriptions <http://www.seeingeye.org/Newsletters.aspx> to change
subscription information or to remove your name from our email distribution.
Please also encourage other grads, who may not be on our email distribution
list, to subscribe online or send their email address to info at seeingeye.org,
specifying the types of information they would like to receive.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at
info at seeingeye.org or Communications Department, c/o The Seeing Eye, Inc. PO
Box 375, Morristown, NJ 07963-0375.
More information about the NFBWATlk