[nfbwatlk] The Northwest Chapter Meeting

nfbnorthwest at aol.com nfbnorthwest at aol.com
Sun Dec 6 01:35:35 UTC 2009

We also had our meeting today in Bellingham; very cold up here. We have two
 new members Linda Joy and Joel.

Thanks to Rick and Jedi for attending and representing our chapter for
braille readers are leaders. They did a great job!

Thanks to all the members who attending the board meeting and protest
concerning the cuts to service with the Whatcom Transportation Authority; these
cuts are going to be delayed until April when the people get to vote on a
sales  tax increase of about .2 percent I think. Its a small request, but the
public  may not allow it; we shall have to see. Our chapter and the public
sent a very  clear message. Great Job!

We also talk about fund raising and planning future events for the chapter
and having a fun activity.

We are looking forward to a productive holiday season and a good year next
year.

Our next meeting is on January 15, 2010.

Happy Holidays:

Lisa A. Owen
Acting Secretary
Treasurer Officer
The Northwest Chapter
NFB of WA
_nfbnorthwest at aol.com_ (mailto:nfbnorthwest at aol.com)

PS: We hope to plan some activities for the Student Division and for other
chapters so they can come up to Bellingham next year. We will keep you
posted.