[nfbwatlk] Fw: Information--Los Angeles Times Festival of Books

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Apr 18 17:41:18 UTC 2009

Fellow Federationists:

I received the information below regarding the Federation's
participation in the Los Angeles Festival of Books to publicize the
wrong-headed objections of the Authors' Guild to unlimited
text-to-speech processing of books on Amazon's Kindle 2. We are looking
for participants; it will be a full-court press event, i.e., we are
looking for several people to go to L.A. as outlined below.

The NFB of Washington is financially unable to assist with travel and
other expenses. However, if anyone truly has the time, please let me
know ASAP; there may be assistance available thru our national office.
This is short notice and I understand if no one is available. But Jason
Ewell called me yesterday inquiring if we had anyone who could go. I
said I didn't think so but would check.

Thanks.

Mike Freeman, President
NFB of Washington