[nfbwatlk] Washington Seminar Representation for 2009

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Nov 21 02:54:27 UTC 2008

Fellow Federationists:

In view of the affiliate's current financial situation, I have decided that only one person will attend the 2009 Washington Seminar representing the NFB OF Washington. Since I am a member of NFB's R&D Committee which meets just prior to the Washington Seminar and since my airfare will be paid  to attend this meeting, the most logical decision is that I should be that representative.

I realize that several people expressed interest and willingness to be part of the NFB OF Washington team and I am sorry that the affiliate cannot accommodate them since the Washington Seminar is excellent experience both of the way NFB WORKS AND OF THE United States government in action. If we can raise sufficient funds, we can send more people in 2010.

I will have Internet connectivity during the Washington Seminar so I will keep everyone informed. Also, the Washington Seminar fact sheets will be available on-line shortly before the Washington Seminar commences.

Mike Freeman, President
National Federation of the Blind of Washington