[Nfbnet-members-list] Fwd: Meeting announcement and agenda Black Leaders Serving for Advancement

David Andrews dandrews920 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 5 03:48:54 UTC 2022

>Hello my friend, I hope you’re doing well. Can
>you place our meeting and agenda on the list
>serve? Thanks and I hope to speak to you at the convention.
>

>Shawn

National Federation of the Blind, Black Leaders Serving For Advancement (BLSA)

Invite All To Attend,

BLSA Annual National Convention Meeting

Embracing The Past, Elevating The Future

Where: New Orleans Marriott

Date: Thursday, July 7, 2022

Time: 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM CDT.

Room: Galerie 5

7:00 PM - Business Meeting

Shawn Callaway, Chair, Black Leaders Serving For
Advancement Sub-Committee, National Federation of
the Blind National Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee

Celebrate the numerous contributions of black
Federation leaders. This meeting will serve to
establish the foundation for a proposed division
to inspire the next generation of black blind leaders.

7:10 PM - Constitutional Meeting:

I. Reading of constitution

II. Initial Membership

III. Electing The Board

Note: Each person wishing to be an initial member
must submit $1 to participate in the
constitutional meeting. A contact list for
all  people who paid their initial dues will be
collected. Those who have not paid should not be
permitted to participate in the decision making
of the constitutional meeting. This is
the  practice of the National Federation of the
Blind. There will be no proxy voting,only those
physically in the meeting can participate in the voting proceedings.

IV. Presentation of the Constitution

8:00 PM - BLSA Program AGENDA:

Welcome and Moderator:

Suzanne Turner, Cleveland Chapter President,  and
Affiliate Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of Ohio

Introduction: - Embracing The Past, Elevating The Future

Shawn Callaway, Affiliate President, National
Federation of the Blind District of Columbia, and
National Board Member, National Federation of the Blind

*

Invocation:

Rev. Carolyn Peters, President, Community of
Faith Division, National Federation of the Blind of Ohio

Lift Every Voice And Sing:

Marvin Griffin, National Federation of the Blind of Texas

Greetings:

Mark Riccobono, National President, National Federation of the Blind

*

Presenting BLSA Committee Leaders:

Denise Brown, Greater Philadelphia Chapter
President, National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania

Elegy:

Tarik Williams, Tucson Chapter President,
National Federation of the Blind of Arizona

*

Ten Minute Orators:

  Lakeria Taylor, Shreveport Chapter President,
National Federation of the Blind of Louisiana

Tammy Green, New Orleans Chapter President,
National Federation of the Blind of Louisiana

Alberta Robinson, Ouachita Chapter President,
National Federation of the Blind of Louisiana

Tamara Lundy, New Orleans Chapter Member,
National Federation of the Blind of Louisiana

*

Recognizing Black Leaders in the Federation:

Richard Payne, Affiliate President, National
Federation of the Blind of Ohio, and Member,
National Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee

*

Keynote Speaker:

Macaulay Beasley, Vice President, National
Federation of the Blind of Louisiana Student Division

*

Identifying Your Role In The Federation:

Dr. Carolyn Peters, Board of Directors, National
Federation of the Blind of Ohio, and Treasurer,
National Community of Faith Division

Edification by Dr. Lashawna Fant, Jackson Chapter
President, National Federation of the Blind of
Mississippi and Lee Martin, Circle City Chapter
President, and Affiliate 2nd Vice President,
National Federation of the Blind of Indiana

*

Spoken Word:

Johnetta Price, Author, Poet, Entrepreneur,
Golden Triangle Chapter President, National
Federation of the Blind of Texas and President,
National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division

*

The Importance of a Division:

  Candace Chapman, Affiliate President, National
Federation of the Blind of Mississippi, and
President, National Federation of the Blind Human Service Division

*

Final Remarks:

Denise Avant, Affiliate 1st Vice President,
National Federation of the Blind of Illinois, and
National Board Member, National Federation of the Blind