[Nfbnet-members-list] Let's Push for Answers on At-home COVID-19 Tests

National Federation of the Blind webmaster at nfb.org
Sat Jan 8 21:17:21 UTC 2022

<nfb.htm>
National Federation of the Blind logo and tagline live the life

Member Request­Help Push for Answers Regarding At-home COVID-19 Tests

The Biden administration announced that it will
be distributing free at-home COVID-19 tests to
households in the United States. We have
communicated with the administration to ensure
that the tests they are sending out are
accessible for blind people to administer without
assistance. However, our attempts to connect have
not been answered. It is critical that these
tests be accessible nonvisually as more and more
in-person testing locations are declining to test
walk-ins and healthcare facilities are in crisis mode.

This email is a request to tweet at President
Biden (@POTUS) so the nation’s blind can get some answers.

Background

On January 3, 2022, President Riccobono wrote a
letter to President Biden regarding our concerns
about the accessibility of at-home COVID tests.
He reminded the president that the blind have
already faced many barriers during the pandemic,
including inaccessible websites and
drive-through-only testing sites, and these
experiences reinforce the urgency of the
administration to address accessibility now.
President Riccobono stated that the National
Federation of the Blind stands ready to
collaborate with the Biden administration to
ensure equal access for all Americans. We are
eager to serve as the vehicle for blind people to
getaccurate and up-to-date information from the
administration regarding COVID-19 and other home healthcare needs.

How You Can Help

Twitter is a social media platform that provides
a public opportunity to demand that the Biden
administration put accessible systems in place
for test distribution and work with us and test
manufacturers to make the tests accessible. Here are some ways to help:

Tweet to President Biden, @POTUS and let him know
that accessible COVID-19 at-home tests are vital for blind people.
Share your concerns about the impact this will
have and include the hashtag #COVID19 in your
posts. (There is no hyphen in the hashtag.)
Follow and share posts from the National Federation of the Blind, @NFB_voice

Sample tweet:

Blind people have faced barriers during the
pandemic such as inaccessible websites for
testing and vaccines. I urge @POTUS to address
accessibility issues to the at-home #COVID19
tests promised to the nation by responding to
@Riccobono’s letter from January 3.

A twitter account will be needed to engage with
this digital public push for answers. To learn
more about Twitter, review our
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24208&qid=6685678>General Twitter Tips.

Additional Resources:

<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24209&qid=6685678>President
Riccobono's letter from January 3

Thank you for your support and commitment.
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24210&qid=6685678>Learn
more about our advocacy program.

<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24211&qid=6685678>
Facebook Logo
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24211&qid=6685678>
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24212&qid=6685678>
Twitter Logo
 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24213&qid=6685678>
Instagram Logo
 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24214&qid=6685678>
YouTube Logo
 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24215&qid=6685678>
Email Icon Image
 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24216&qid=6685678>
Donate to the NFB Icon.
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24216&qid=6685678>
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells
Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=18440&qid=6685678&h=7e0a9146b1f80b32>Unsubscribe

<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=18440&qid=6685678&h=7e0a9146b1f80b32>OptOut

<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24217&qid=6685678>Sign
Up for Our E-newsletter