[Nfbnet-members-list] [NFBWNews] Save the date for NFB of Wisconsin State Convention.

John Fritz, President NFB-WI president at nfbwis.org
Fri Feb 4 16:33:04 UTC 2022

Note: donation letter attached

PRESS RELEASE                                                                 For more information, contact
For immediate release                                                             John Fritz, President
                                                                                                NFB Wisconsin
                                                                                                608-622-7632

La Crosse Hosts National Federation of the Blind State Convention

La Crosse will host the 47th Annual National Federation of the Blind of Wisconsin (NFBW) state convention April 1-3 at–Stoney Creek Hotel, 3060 S Kinney Coulee Rd, Onalaska, WI 54650.  www.stoneycreekhotels.com  608-781-3060

The theme is “47 Years of Living the Lives We Want!” Room reservations can be made now and Rates are $82 per night.  Convention registration will be open soon, cost is $20 and meals can be purchased for additional costs.

At the convention blind people will discuss current issues, share their collective knowledge, and plan necessary legislative and outreach campaigns.  It is open to the public and is for anyone wanting to get more information about vision loss and blindness.  Events at the convention will include speakers and workshops specifically for students, seniors and the general public—blind and sighted—and technology. Our special guest will be announced soon.

The National Federation of the Blind is the nation's largest and most influential membership organization of blind persons working together to improve the lives and futures of all blind Americans.  The mission is to serve as the voice of the nation's blind.  There are more than 50,000 members in more than 700 local chapters in every state as well as in Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico.  The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

More details and a link to register are listed on the NFB of Wisconsin website at www.nfbwis.org under the State Convention tab and on the Facebook page National Federation of the Blind of Wisconsin.  If you have any questions about the convention, go to the website or call the state NFB office at 608-622-7632.  For more information about the NFB, see www.nfb.org.  Also, if you are willing to donate items for door prizes or to set up a booth of products that will help blind people in the state, contact NFB-WI President John Fritz at the NFB-WI office.

###

John Fritz, President
NFB-Wisconsin
608-387-0494