[Nfbnet-members-list] Ohio state convention

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 13:01:14 UTC 2021

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio (NFB-O)
75th annual convention
BACK TO THE BASICS AND ENGAGING THE FUTURE
Join us as we celebrate the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio's
annual convention and expand our circle of participation, connecting blind
Ohioans from across the state for what we expect to be the largest gathering
of blind people in the history of Ohio.
Considering the ongoing impact and wide-ranging effects of the COVID-19
pandemic, the 2021 state convention will be held virtually.
We encourage you to begin preparing to attend this outstanding event during
the weekend of November 5 and 6 of 2021. This Convention will offer blind
people an opportunity to learn about accessible technology at our Tech Fair
and living with blindness by attending many educational seminars.
Code of Conduct:
We welcome all attendees to our convention and embrace diversity, inclusion,
and mutual respect. Although we are meeting using Zoom, these concepts are
still relevant. To that end please keep the following expectations in mind
when you join us:
Through advocacy, public awareness, and mentoring, the National Federation
of the Blind provides support to members and advocates for our rights to
live the lives we want. As a member or guest at our convention, you
represent not only yourself but also our organization. We want you to enjoy
your time with us, make new friends, and renew old acquaintances. Although
we encourage members to socialize and have fun, the convention also provides
an important opportunity to come together to continue the work of our
organization, to learn about the important initiatives that we are involved
with on a local and national level, and to plan our work for the future.
Please remember these guidelines:
1.	Welcome new attendees: Although you will undoubtedly enjoy time with
your friends, please reach out to those who have never joined us before and
help them to be comfortable. We welcome people from all walks of life and
with diverse needs and experiences.
2.	Attend and participate in sessions.
3.	Harassment will not be tolerated under any circumstances. If your
behavior could possibly make anyone uncomfortable, even if you would not be
upset by it yourself, do not do or say anything that could be considered
inappropriate by others.
About the NFB-O:
The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio is a 501(c)3 non-profit
organization and a founding affiliate of the National Federation of the
Blind. We are proud to be an integral part of the oldest and largest
organization of the blind in the United States. We are a diverse group of
people dedicated to changing what it means to be blind. Our members work
tirelessly to break down the legal, social, and personal barriers to living
the lives we want.
The mission of the National Federation of the Blind is to achieve widespread
emotional acceptance and intellectual understanding that the real problem of
blindness is not the loss of eyesight but the misconceptions and lack of
information which exist. We do this by bringing blind people together to
share successes, to support each other in times of failure, and to create
imaginative solutions.
expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.
The NFB Pledge
I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to
support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.
Membership
The NFB-O is Ohio's oldest organization comprised of blind and sighted
people working together to change what it means to be blind. The 2021
convention will inspire, empower, and celebrate our accomplishments. The NFB
of Ohio also provides encouragement, training, and support to families with
blind children and to veterans and people who are losing vision or have
become blind later in life.
If you would like to join the Ohio affiliate, you may contact William
Turner, Membership Coordinator, at (330) 328-9860, and he will refer you to
a local chapter in your area.
Proposed 2021 Convention Principles of Voting
These principles of voting are proposed for consideration by the National
Federation of the Blind of Ohio Board of Directors, for recommendation to
the Convention.
Nothing in these principles of voting is intended to change Article III,
Section A of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio's constitution.
The Convention remains "the supreme authority of the Federation. It is the
legislature of the Federation. As such, it has final authority with respect
to all issues of policy, and members in attendance may participate in all
convention discussions as a matter of right. Any member of the Federation
may make or second motions and propose nominations." These procedures simply
implement the method for following the constitution in an electronic
convention.
The below principles and procedures are intended to provide clarity and
advanced notice on how the convention will be managed in 2021. This document
will be read at the NFB of Ohio board meeting on November 5 and then a
second time after the roll call of chapters that afternoon. We will then ask
the convention to vote on the proposed policy. Those eligible to vote on
this proposal will be any enrolled voters present and voting at the session
on November 5 as described below.
An ad hoc committee shall deal with all questions and concerns related to
voting. The ad hoc committee will include Eric Duffy, Springfield Chapter;
Jordy Stringer, Capitol Chapter; and Patricia McPherson, Greater Akron
Chapter. Jordy Stringer shall chair the ad hoc committee.
Voting:
1.	All members who are registered for the convention and who opt into
the voter enrollment system by the specified time will constitute the pool
of convention voters.
2.	All votes will first be conducted by voice. If the president is
unable to determine the outcome of any vote, he will then call for an
electronic vote. On any vote any individual member who is registered for the
convention and who has opted into the voter enrollment system by the
specified date may also call for an electronic vote.
3.	All electronic voting will be done via SMS (text message) or by
phone.
4.	Any matter must receive 51 percent support of the votes cast by the
convention voters present and voting in order to be affirmed.
5.	Present and voting means the subset of convention voters who
actually cast a vote on a given question. Thus, voters who are indifferent
to a matter cannot block its consideration by the Convention by choosing not
to cast a vote.
6.	All electronic votes will be allocated three minutes for vote time.
7.	If voting indicates 75 percent support for or against a question
prior to the three-minute period elapsing, the chair may elect to move to
the next order of business.
8.	An opportunity to practice voting will be offered in the convention
on a question that has no impact on the policy of the organization.
Door Prizes and Registration:
Registration is now open and free.
Pre-registering for the Ohio convention by October 27, 2021, makes attendees
eligible for door prizes. Door prizes will be drawn during pre-convention
festivities, general sessions, and the banquet. Registration is required,
and you must be present to win. When your name is called, please virtually
raise your hand or email ohioprize at gmail.com <mailto:ohioprize at gmail.com>
within two minutes, which is the designated window of time to claim your
prize. Also, if you would like to donate a door prize, please alert Ohio's
door prize facilitator, Annette Lutz, at the email address above.
Resolutions:
All resolutions must be submitted to the Resolutions Committee Chair,
Barbara Pierce, no later than October 24. Resolutions will be considered at
the general session on Saturday, November 6, 2021. For questions, email
Barbara Pierce at Barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com.
National Representative:
The Ohio affiliate is pleased to have Everette Bacon as our National
Representative for 2021. We extend a warm welcome to Everette, who is a
national leader in the National Federation of the Blind.
Everette Bacon was born in Huntington Beach, California. At the age of five
he was diagnosed with cone-rod dystrophy, a condition which had run in his
family on his mother's side for thirteen generations, causing rapid-onset
blindness primarily in female family members. Despite the diagnosis,
Everette's family took the advice of teachers and medical experts, believing
(or, more accurately, hoping) that since Everette was male and his vision
was not deteriorating rapidly like that of other family members, he was
unlikely to go blind. As a result Everette did not learn Braille or other
alternative techniques during his school years. Looking back, Everette says
that his mother and other family members wish that they had encouraged him
to learn Braille and other blindness skills.
When Everette was around eighteen his entire family moved to Texas. Everette
pursued a degree in church music at Dallas Baptist University. He jokes that
he was pushed toward music because "you know, blind people sing." His first
job was teaching a seventh-grade choir, but he found it not to his liking.
Searching for other employment in order to earn money to help his wife
through medical school, Everette ultimately accepted a management position
with Blockbuster Video in 1997. He was very successful in this position,
winning several awards and steady promotions. By 2004 he was managing ten
stores in the Houston area.
Everette's eye condition began to worsen, and, instead of giving up, he
adapted by using alternative techniques. "I started carrying a cane, mainly
for identification, but I was using it when I felt I needed it." "I was
never embarrassed or ashamed about becoming blind, because I grew up around
blind people; adapting was something you just became accustomed to doing."
However, when he asked for reasonable accommodations from his employer,
instead of granting these accommodations, Blockbuster terminated his
employment despite his outstanding record. The company even went so far as
to describe Everette's conduct as "fraudulent," implying that he had
deceived the company about his capabilities, even though he had previously
been praised and awarded for his work.
This experience traumatized Everette and his family. His wife, mother, and
other family members sent angry emails to everyone they could, urging
readers to avoid shopping at Blockbuster based on discrimination against the
blind. One of these emails found its way to Scott LaBarre, the president of
the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado and a successful disability
rights attorney. Scott took Everette's case, and ultimately Everette
received a settlement from Blockbuster. More important, though, he learned
about the National Federation of the Blind and the many battles the
organization has fought in the effort to advance and protect the civil
rights of blind people. "I had heard of the Federation and been told that
they were militant," Everette says, "but my experience taught me the
importance of our advocacy." There are so many reasons to be proud of who we
are as blind people, and the Federation has paved the way for our climb to
the top of the mountain of civil rights!
In 2004 Everette and his wife, Dr. Angela Peters, moved to Salt Lake City,
Utah. Everette became involved in the Utah affiliate and developed what he
describes as life-changing relationships with dedicated Federationists like
Nick Schmitroth, Karl Smith, and Deja Powell. These friends helped Everette
improve his blindness skills and grow in the movement. Everette was also
looking for new employment opportunities in Utah and heard about a job
opening as a Blindness Skills Teacher at the Utah Division of Services for
the Blind and Visually Impaired. Everette remembers speaking with Ray Martin
about the fact that he knew nothing about teaching blind people. Martin told
him that being blind was the most important qualification. The agency
supported Everette in his pursuit of a master's degree in rehabilitation. He
went from teaching technology to supervising the technology staff and now
serves as the agency's field services coordinator, overseeing all of the
agency's technology and employment services, supervising a staff of nine.
Everette began advocating for Utah's blind residents with an effort to
encourage a prominent local cinema chain to incorporate audio description
technology into its theaters so that blind people who wanted to experience
movies with audio description could do so. An avid movie fan with an
extensive collection dating from his Blockbuster days, he believes that
audio description can enable blind people to connect more easily with their
sighted peers when discussing entertainment. "One of the most valuable
lessons I have learned from the NFB is the understanding that blending into
society is an important skill. Being able to relate to our sighted
colleagues about movies, television, politics, and sports is an excellent
path to opportunities that help change common misconceptions about
blindness."
In 2012 Everette was elected President of the National Federation of the
Blind of Utah. He is proud of the affiliate's successful advocacy for a
state mini-508 law requiring accessibility of new state websites and
procurement of accessible electronic and information technology, subject to
fines when agencies fail to comply. His advocacy for accessibility made him
an outstanding candidate to serve as the Federation's representative on the
Disability Advisory Committee to the Federal Communications Commission
(FCC). He was nominated for appointment to this committee by President
Riccobono and duly appointed to serve by the FCC in 2015. Everette is chair
of the Utah Library Advisory Board. He also sits on the Utah Assistive
Technology Council and the Library of Congress National Library Service for
the Blind's Audio Equipment Advisory Committee (Western Region). He was
unanimously elected to the Board of Directors of the National Federation of
the Blind at the organization's 2015 convention. He and Angela and their two
dogs live in Salt Lake City, but Everette still roots for his beloved Dallas
Cowboys.
General Zoom Information:
		All events will be held on the Zoom platform, and all times
are Eastern Standard Time (EST).
		Helpful Zoom Commands
		Phone command to mute and unmute: *6
		Phone command to raise and lower hand: *9
		PC shortcut to mute and unmute: Alt a, Mac command: command
shift A
		PC shortcut to raise and lower hand: Alt Y, Mac command:
option Y
Zoom Meeting Etiquette
Keep in mind that, upon joining convention, you will be placed on mute. If
you wish to speak and are not on the agenda, you may raise your hand. A host
will get to you as soon as possible; do not unmute yourself until you are
prompted to do so. If you are on the agenda, the host will unmute you as we
approach your presentation. Stay on mute if you are not speaking to the
group. If on video, please do not eat or move about in any way that could be
a distraction to others watching. We recommend that you not activate your
video unless you are presenting.
Zoom Meeting Connection Information
This year the convention will use a total of four Zoom rooms for the
weekend's events. The main meeting room will be used for the board Meeting,
general sessions, and the banquet. Closed Captioning will be available in
these sessions.
A link for each meeting appears after the meeting description. There is only
one meeting, the Friday, November 5, 2021, 7:30 meeting of the Resolutions
Committee, that will require a Passcode. The Passcode for the Resolutions
Committee Meeting is 1212. All meetings, including the Resolutions Committee
meeting, should be accessible simply by copying the link into a web browser
or entering the meeting ID into the Zoom application.
Those who wish to access Zoom by telephone can use one of the below dial-in
numbers.
Dial by your location
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
If you have difficulty accessing a meeting, please contact the NFB of Ohio
Tech Team for assistance. Please try to access meetings in advance because
the Tech Team may not be available once meetings have started.
75th Annual Convention Agenda
Wednesday, November 3, 2021
6:30 PM	Rookie Roundup: Introducing the Ohio affiliate, door prizes, and
more	https://zoom.us/j/4081850851
Meeting ID:  4081850851
Thursday, November 4, 2021
3:00 PM	Exhibit Seminar: Lab Computers, Inc., Ohio Dept. of Insurance,
Vispero, Vanda Pharmaceuticals, and more	https://zoom.us/j/4081850851
Meeting ID:  4081850851
7:00 PM	Happy Hour: Music, BYOB, door prizes, and more
https://zoom.us/j/4081850851
Meeting ID:  4081850851
Friday, November 5, 2021
9:00 to 10:15 AM	Hospitality Room will be open for an opportunity to
mix and mingle.	https://zoom.us/j/4081850851
Meeting ID:  4081850851
10:30 AM to noon	Board of Directors Meeting (open to all)
https://zoom.us/j/4081850851
Meeting ID:  4081850851
12:15 to 1:30 PM	Meet and Greet: Come fellowship and network with
Federationists and organizational leaders.	https://zoom.us/j/4081850851
Meeting ID:  4081850851
2:00--5:00 PM	GENERAL SESSION	https://zoom.us/j/4081850851
Meeting ID:  4081850851
2:00 PM	Opening Ceremonies: Call to Order, Richard Payne, President, NFB of
Ohio
2:05 PM	Invocation: Robert Pierce, U.S. veteran and member, NFB of Lorain
County
2:10 PM	National Anthem: Sadie M. McFarland, Member, Ohio Association of
Blind students (OASB)
2:15 PM	Remarks: State Senator Bob Hackett: Senate sponsor of SB 202, 10th
Senate District
2:35 PM	Roll Call of Chapters: Eric Duffy, Secretary, NFB-Ohio
2:40 PM	Welcome from the Host Chapter: Annette Lutz, Capital Chapter
President, Member, NFBO Board of Directors
2:45 PM	National Report: Seeking Ideas on Outreach and Visibility: Everette
Bacon, national representative, Member NFB Board of Directors
3:15 PM	How the Pandemic Created a Vehicle for Consumer-Oriented Approach: A
Conversation with Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities, the
Independent Living Network, and Disability Rights Ohio.
			Presenters: Director Kevin Miller, Opportunities for
Ohioans with Disabilities; Greg Dormer, Deputy Director of Bureau of
Services for the Visually Impaired (BSVI; Jeremy Morris, Executive Director,
Statewide Independent Living Council; and Kerstin Sjoberg, Executive
Director, Disability Rights Ohio
			Moderator: Jordy Stringer, Executive Director,
Southeastern Ohio Center for Independent Living
3:55 PM	Breaking Stereotypes through Active Advocacy: Kinshuk Tella,
President, OABS and Member, NFB-O Board of Directors and Emily Kiehl, Vice
President, OABS
4:15 PM	If Only Healthcare Staff Had a Better Understanding of the Blind:
Chris Sabine, Secretary, Cincinnati Chapter and Deborah Kendrick, author of
Navigating Health Care When All they Can See is That You Can't and member,
NFBO Cincinnati Chapter
4:35 PM	The Responsibilities of the ADA Coordinator for DAS: James
Clinkscale, ADA Coordinator, Manager of Disability Inclusion Enterprise
Initiatives & Programs Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Professional, Office
of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, State Human Resources Division
5 :00 PM	Recess
5:30--6:30 PM	Ohio Association of Blind Merchants Meeting
Annette Lutz, President	https://zoom.us/j/9210052380
Meeting ID:  9210052380
5:30--7:00 PM	Community Service Seminar
 Cheryl Fields, Chair	https://zoom.us/j/4081850851
Meeting ID:  4081850851
7:00--8:00 PM	At-Large Chapter Meeting
Colleen Roth, President	https://zoom.us/j/4080373771
Meeting ID:  4080373771
7:00--8:00 PM	Ohio Association of Blind Students Meeting
Kinshuk Tella, President	https://zoom.us/j/9210052380
Meeting ID:  9210052380
7:00--8:30 PM	Communities of Faith Division Meeting
Dr. Carolyn Peters, President	https://zoom.us/j/4081850851
Meeting ID:  4081850851
7:30--8:30 PM	Resolutions Committee Meeting
Barbara Pierce, Chair
We encourage the participation of all members. Come help shape and set
policies of the NFB of Ohio to advocate for positive change.
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4867865473?pwd=OU10YnJPVFBXMGRrNkgxUEpxaE1xQT09
Meeting ID:  4867865473 - Passcode 1212
8:40 PM	Nominating Committee Meeting
Suzanne Turner, Vice President, NFB of Ohio, Chair
This is a closed meeting
Saturday, November 6, 2021
7:30--8:45 AM	Ohio Diabetes Action Network (DAN) meeting
Susan Day, President	https://zoom.us/j/9210052380
Meeting ID:  9210052380
9:00-Noon	GENERAL SESSION	https://zoom.us/j/4081850851 - Meeting ID:
4081850851
9:00 AM	Call to Order: Suzanne Turner, Vice President, NFB of Ohio
9:05 AM	Invocation: Michael Moore, Member, Greater Akron chapter
9:05 AM	Your Rights under the ADA and ACA: Sharla Glass, Public Policy and
Community Outreach Liaison, En-Vision America
9:35 AM	Living the NFB Philosophy: Andra Stover, Member, Greater Akron
Chapter
9:55 AM	Update from the State Library of Ohio: Tracy Grimm, Head of
Circulation & Special Services, State Library of Ohio
10:20 AM	The Evolution of Science Accessibility: Caroline Karbowski,
Executive Founder of See3D, Inc. Printing for the Blind and Biology Major,
Ohio State University College of Arts and Sciences
10:45 AM	Know Your Rights and Fight for Change: Suzanne Turner, Vice
president of NFB of Ohio
11:15 AM	Update from the Cincinnati Association for the Blind &
Visually Impaired: Teri J. Shirk, President/CEO Cincinnati Association for
the Blind & Visually Impaired, and Aaron Bley, CDE Vice President of
Community Relations & CDO
11:35 AM	President's Report: Back to the Basics and Engaging the
Future: Richard Payne, President, NFB of Ohio
Noon	Recess
12:30--1:45 PM	NFB of Ohio Senior Division Meeting
Barbara Pierce, President	https://zoom.us/j/4081850851
Meeting ID:  4081850851
12:30--1:45 PM	Ohio Association of Guide Dog Users (OAGDU) Meeting
Deanna Lewis, President	https://zoom.us/j/9210052380
Meeting ID:  9210052380
1:00--2:30 PM	Ability Seminar
Chris Sabine, Secretary, Cincinnati Chapter and Ryan Sima, Secretary,
Cuyahoga Chapter
Come and interact with blind people and understand the capabilities and
competencies that enable members of our community to be successful,
productive members in business and the nonprofit arena.
https://zoom.us/j/4080373771
Meeting ID:  4080373771
2:00--3:30 PM	Introducing Amazon and What's New with Your Amazon Devices
Maggie Stringer, Member, Community Service Committee and Secretary, Capital
Chapter	https://zoom.us/j/4081850851
Meeting ID:  4081850851
4:00 - 5:30 PM	GENERAL SESSION	https://zoom.us/j/4081850851 - Meeting ID:
4081850851
4:00 PM:	Call to Order: Richard Payne, President, NFB of Ohio
4:05 PM:	Nominating Committee Report: Suzanne Turner, Vice President,
NFB of Ohio
4:10 PM:	Ohio Affiliate Elections
4:40 PM:	Report of Resolutions: Barbra Pierce, Chair, Resolutions
Committee and Member, NFB-O Board of Directors
5:30 PM:	Ajournment
7:00--9:00 PM	NFB OF OHIO BANQUET	https://zoom.us/j/4081850851
Meeting ID:  4081850851
Highlights:
*	Master of Ceremonies, Eric Duffy, NFB of Ohio Secretary
*	Invocation, Dr. Carolyn Peters, Ohio Community of Faith Division
President and Member, NFB-O Board of Directors
*	Keynote Speaker, National Representative, Everette Bacon, President
NFB of Utah and Member NFB National Board of Directors
*	Affiliate and Gavel Awards Presentations: Anette Lutz , Chair,
Awards Committee; member NFB of Ohio Board of Directors; President, Capital
Chapter; and President, Merchants Division
*	Scholarship Awards: Jordy Stringer, Chair, Scholarship Committee
*	The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio would like to extend
our gratitude and thank the Norwalk Ohio Lions for generously supporting our
2021 scholarship program.
*	Money for the Movement, Todd Elzey, Treasurer NFB of Ohio, and
Secretary, Springfield Chapter
9:00 PM	Adjournment
9:00 PM	After-Party
Stick around after the banquet to fellowship with your NFB-O family.
https://zoom.us/j/4081850851
Meeting ID: 4081850851

2021 Board of Directors
President:
Richard Payne
937-396-5573
rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:rchpay7 at gmail.com>
PO Box 20544, Dayton, OH 45420
Vice President:
Suzanne Turner
216-990-6199
SMTurner.234 at gmail.com <mailto:SMTurner.234 at gmail.com>
1127 Euclid Ave. Apt 210, Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Secretary: Eric Duffy
614-377-9877
peduffy63 at gmail.com <mailto:peduffy63 at gmail.com>
3779 Waterbury Dr., Dayton, Ohio 45439
Treasurer:
Todd Elzey
315-879-1746
toddelzey at gmail.com <mailto:toddelzey at gmail.com>
3779 Waterbury Dr., Dayton, Ohio 45439
2019-2021
Cheryl Fields, Board of Directors
Phone: 216-566-4317
Email cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com <mailto:cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com>
PO Box 202091 Cleveland, OH 44120
Annette Lutz, Board of Directors
Phone: 614-288-4323
Email Annette Lutz annettelutz at att.net <mailto:annettelutz at att.net>
77 West Jeffrey Place Columbus, OH 43214
Dr. Carolyn Peters, Board of Directors
Phone: 937-293-2131
Email dr.carolyn.peters at gmail.com <mailto:dr.carolyn.peters at gmail.com>
411 Elmhurst Road, Dayton, OH 45417
Barbara Pierce, Board of Directors
Phone: 440-774-8077
Email barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com <mailto:barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com>
198 Kendal Dr., Oberlin, OH 44074
Kinshuk Tella, Board of Directors
Kinshuk.Tella at gmail.com <mailto:Kinshuk.Tella at gmail.com>
2614 Rockcastle Ct., Miamisburg, Ohio 45432
William Turner, Board of Directors
Phone: 330-328-9860
Email TurnerW794 at gmail.com <mailto:TurnerW794 at gmail.com>
1064 East 167th Street, Cleveland, OH 44110
2020-2022
Marianne Denning, Board of Directors
513-607-6053
Marianne at Denningweb.com <mailto:Marianne at Denningweb.com>
835 Carini Lane, Cincinnati, Ohio 45218
Sponsors:
Vanda Pharmaceuticals
Vanda Pharmaceuticals is dedicated to raising awareness of Non-24-Hour
Sleep-Wake Disorder (Non-24) and supporting the blindness community. Non-24
is a rare circadian rhythm disorder affecting up to 70% of people who are
totally blind. People living with Non-24 experience excessive daytime
sleepiness and nighttime sleeplessness, which leads to impaired social and
occupational functioning. This is due to the misalignment between the
internal master body clock and the 24-hour day. To learn more about Non-24
and Vanda Pharmaceuticals, visit us on the web at www.non-24.com
<http://www.non-24.com>  or call us at 1-855-856-2424.
Disability Rights Ohio
Disability Rights Ohio is a non-profit corporation with a mission to
advocate for the human, civil, and legal rights of people with disabilities
in Ohio.
Southeastern Ohio Center for Independent Living - Serving Fairfield and
Hocking Counties.
Founded in 2002, SOCIL is managed by a Board of Directors and staff
comprised of mostly persons with various disabilities. The foundation of CIL
services is the peer relationship - people with disabilities assisting other
people with disabilities as role models and mentors. Each center is unique.
Cincinnati Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired
Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CABVI) is a
private, not-for-profit organization offering comprehensive vision
rehabilitation services for people of all ages who are blind or visually
impaired.
CABVI is not a state or federal agency and does not directly receive tax
dollars. CABVI continues to be a dynamic organization, growing and changing
to meet the needs of an increasing number of people in the Greater
Cincinnati area. Among the challenges that the new millennium brings will be
meeting the quality service, identifying new sources of revenue to address
the issues of overall operating expenses increasing at a rate greater than
revenue will be required to provide for long-term sustainability. Developing
new markets and new products, as well as improved production efficiency,
will be required to maintain the viability of the Industries Program and
Base Supply Center, as well as new Social Enterprises that are still being
developed.
En-Vision America
Founded in 1996, the cornerstone of En-Vision America is based on one single
premise: to provide those with vision impairment equal access and greater
independence through technology.
Ohio Department of Insurance - OSHIIP
The Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program (OSHIIP) is funded by a
federal grant and by the state of Ohio. The Ohio Department of Insurance in
Columbus administers the program. OSHIIP assists those enrolled or eligible
for Medicare. We will answer your questions about any of the matters listed
below:
*	Medicare health coverage for seniors and for people under age 65
with disabilities.
*	Medicare prescription drug plans.
*	Medicare Advantage Plans (example: HMOs and PPOs).
*	Medicare supplemental insurance.
*	Financial assistance programs for people with limited income.
*	Long-term care insurance.
You can reach OSHIIP at
https://insurance.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odi/about-us/divisions/oshiip or
614-644-2673 or oshipmail at insurance.ohio.gov
<mailto:oshipmail at insurance.ohio.gov> .
The Spectrum Accessibility Center of Excellence
The Spectrum Accessibility Center of Excellence exists to create empowering
and inclusive experiences for our customers and employees. We go above and
beyond compliance to design universal product experiences that work for
everyone. You can learn more about our work at
https://corporate.charter.com/accessibility#:~:text=The%20Spectrum%20Accessi
bility%20Center%20of,experiences%20that%20work%20for%20everyone
<https://corporate.charter.com/accessibility> .

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368