[Nfbnet-members-list] Next Week: Procuring Accessible Software for your Organization Boutique

National Federation of the Blind webmaster at nfb.org
Wed May 19 14:05:14 UTC 2021

 		 [1]

PROCURING ACCESSIBLE SOFTWARE FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION

Tuesday, May 25, from 2:00-3:30 p.m. ET

Attend the upcoming accessibility boutique on procuring accessible software
for your organization. The National Federation of the Blind provides
insights, best practices, and more regarding accessibility in the
workplace. Learn how to ask the right questions. This event is great for
business owners, employees responsible for purchasing software, and blind
employees who may need to advocate for accessible software.

In this boutique, participants will learn fundamentals of digital
accessibility that includes Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) by
the W3C. Furthermore, the bulk of the session will cover:

 	* How to make accessible IT procurements.
 	* Inclusion of accessibility requirements in the procurement process.
 	* How the Maryland Non-Visual Access Clause is incorporated in requests.
 	* An introduction to VPAT and how to decipher the VPAT.

Join us on Tuesday, May 25 from 2:00-3:30 p.m. ET via Zoom to learn how to
purchase accessible software from the start.

Take advantage of this free opportunity. Register for the Procuring
Accessible Software boutique today! [2]

Accessibility boutiques and seminars are workshops presented by our access
technology experts that provide introductions to accessibility best
practices and the latest trends in access tech.

ABOUT NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

The National Federation of the Blind is the transformative membership and
advocacy organization of blind people. Our Center of Excellence in
Nonvisual Accessibility (CENA) provides resources and events with access
technology experts. Learn more about CENA [3]. Nonvisual accessibility is
creating equal access for blind and low-vision users.

 		 [4]
 		 [5]
 		 [6]
 		 [7]

 		 [8]

 		 National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD
21230 | 410-659-9314

 		 Unsubscribe [9] | Opt Out [10] | Sign Up for Our E-newsletter [11]

 		 200 East Wells St.
Baltimore, 21230
United States
..