[Nfbnet-members-list] Louis Braille Birthday Celebration with APH Museum Director Mike Hudson

Chancey Fleet chanceyfleet at nypl.org
Sat Jan 2 01:59:26 UTC 2021

Celebrate Braille with the New York Public Library's Andrew Heiskell tech
team and special guest Mike Hudson
Monday January 4, 2021
2 PM - 3:15 PM
Register here:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMvdOqprzovHdAVzzEOKXk9UqyI44qKIqiF

Join Mike Hudson, Director of the Museum of the American Printing House for
the Blind in Louisville, Kentucky for a lively walk through a history of
the braille code and the development of the mechanical braillewriter around
the world.  Along the way we'll share new research on the roots of braille
in a code originally developed by the brilliant but often misunderstood
Charles Barbier.
Plus, enjoy a lively round of Braille trivia and share what Braille
literacy means to you.

Anyone is welcome! Our remote tech and culture programs are an evolution of
the in -person and hybrid workshops hosted at the Andrew Heiskell Braille
and Talking Book Library. Whether you're blind, sighted, or somewhere in
between, in New York City or on the other side of the world, we welcome you
for fellowship, learning and dialog.
To join our technology and Braille team's event announcement list, just
email heiskelltech+subscribe at googlegroups.com - we'll let you know about
all the other remote programming we offer.
To learn more about us or suggest a workshop, or to volunteer your time,
contact our tech coordinator: chanceyfleet at nypl.org
To support open discussion and patron privacy, our workshops are never
recorded.
--
Chancey S. Fleet
Assistive Technology Coordinator