[Nfbnet-members-list] Coming up Tuesday: Build your own remote tech workshop!

Chancey Fleet chanceyfleet at nypl.org
Sun Feb 21 02:20:33 UTC 2021

Build Your Own Remote Tech Workshop

Tuesday February 23, 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM Eastern

With Erin Lauridsen, Director of Access Technology, Lighthouse San
Francisco; Nefertiti Matos, Assistive Technology Trainer, New York Public
Library; and Chancey Fleet, Assistive Technology Coordinator, New York
Public Library

Want to run a great skill-building workshop but not sure where to start?
We’ve got strategies for every step of the process, including:

   -

   Choosing a compelling topic
   -

   Building an outline to keep you grounded and running on time
   -

   Selecting the best platform for your community
   -

   Getting the best from your camera and mic
   -

   Publicizing your workshop and growing your audience
   -

   Handling registration and doing follow-up surveys
   -

   Making your event fully accessible
   -

   Taking the stress out of event moderation
   -

   Keeping things interesting: program ideas to defeat Zoom fatigue
   -

   Working with participants whose skills and interests are diverse

This workshop is open to anyone but we particularly recommend it for those
who want to lead virtual events focused on tech and culture in communities
of disability. To promote open discussion and protect patron privacy, our
workshops are never recorded.

https://nypl.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcqd-6prDwrEtPvvg7YchjmSzaDnRJqyALH

--
Chancey S. Fleet