[Nfbnet-members-list] Blind and low-vision adults in the United States needed for research study on technology in the workplace
Blake, Lou Ann
LBlake at nfb.org
Wed Feb 17 19:37:21 UTC 2021
The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.
Are you blind or do you have low vision?
Have you worked within the last 5 years or are you seeking work?
Do you use accommodations, for example assistive technology, reverse contrast, additional lighting, or braille?
Do you live in the United States?
If you said "yes" to these questions then we want to invite you to fill out our accessible online survey. Specific survey topics include:
* Your current employment (including self-employment)
* Seeking employment if you're not currently employed and are looking
* How you have learned to use assistive technology or tools
* The hiring and onboarding process
* Training provided by your employer
* Working with IT staff
* The social-emotional impact of visual impairment
In addition, there are sections for some participants based on their situation including:
* Experiencing changes in vision in the last 5 years
The survey should take about 30-45 minutes to complete. You will have the opportunity to enter a raffle to win one of 15 $25 Amazon gift cards.
We'll use what we learn from this survey to:
* Help inform technology companies so they can improve their products for accessibility
* Share with vocational rehabilitation (VR) professionals the challenges and solutions workers use, so they can better prepare their clients for work
* Inform IT and HR staff so they can better meet the needs of those applying for and obtaining employment
* Give individuals with vision loss information to ensure they can have a better understanding of how those like themselves use technology to be successful and how they overcome challenges they experience.
Take the Survey<https://afb.iad1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_837qBMim1ol7aey>
If you have any questions or need more information please contact Dr. L. Penny Rosenblum, AFB Director of Research, prosenblum at afb.org<mailto:prosenblum at afb.org> or 202- 202-469-6837.
The survey will close on Sunday evening February 28 at 11:59 Pacific time.
Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
Director of Research Programs, Blindness Initiatives
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2221 | lblake at nfb.org<mailto:lblake at nfb.org>
[National Federation of the Blind]<https://nfb.org/>
[Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind> [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice> [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>
The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.
The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NFBNet-Members-List