[Nfbnet-members-list] And the Audio Description Goes to

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Sun Apr 25 01:11:33 UTC 2021

And the Audio Description Goes to
<

In a new Nation’s Blind Podcast episode, hosts
Anil Lewis and Melissa Riccobono, talk with Rick
Boggs, CEO and general manager
of<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20874&qid=5181121>AudioEyes.
He
has<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20889&qid=5181121>breaking
news about a forthcoming event with live audio
description (AD) provided through a partnership
among his company, Vitac, and a major television
network, with sponsorship from Google. You’ll
want to listen right away so you won’t miss the
big event! You may even want to issue the Audio
Description Challenge to a friend and watch it
together. Rick also talks about AudioEyes, the
only company providing audio description that is
run and staffed by blind people, and the
differences between live and pre-recorded audio
description, as well as providing some
interesting information about the history and craft of AD.

<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20876&qid=5181121>Access
the latest episode now or through your favorite
podcast client. Be sure to subscribe to the Nation’s Blind Podcast.

Follow the conversation on social media with the hashtag #OscarsAD.

April is Audio Description Awareness

During the month of April, the National
Federation of the Blind
with<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20877&qid=5181121>Bold
Blind Beauty and many other organizations are
raising awareness of audio descriptions. Learn
more with the following publications:·   Take
part in
the<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20879&qid=5181121>#TADAChallenge
The Audio Description Awareness
Challenge·   Voice of the Nation’s Blind
Blog,<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20878&qid=5181121>"Pork
Chops Taste Good, Bacon Tastes Good!" Why I Am an
Advocate for Audio Description

About Our Publications and Media

The National Federation of the Blind creates and
distributes several publications and audio
reports to inform both our membership and our
friends about the true nature of blindness,
issues of interest to the blind, NFB news and
action items, and the many important stories we
share. Learn more
at<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20880&qid=5181121>nfb.org/publications.

<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20881&qid=5181121>
Image removed by sender.
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20882&qid=5181121>
Image removed by sender.
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20883&qid=5181121>
Image removed by sender.
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20884&qid=5181121>
Image removed by sender.
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20885&qid=5181121>
Image removed by sender.
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20886&qid=5181121>
Image removed by sender.
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells
Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=16518&qid=5181121&h=699de7aedb597834>Unsubscribe

<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=16518&qid=5181121&h=699de7aedb597834>Opt
Out

<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20887&qid=5181121>Sign