[Nfbnet-members-list] FW: Listen to and inspirational interview with Adelmo Vigil NFB Board Member and NFBNM Affiliate President

Jesse Shirek jesseshirek at gmail.com
Mon May 11 19:35:02 UTC 2020

Dear Friends and Federation family, please listen in to an interview with
Adelmo Vigil. Sometimes we feel alone or isolated, and we don't realize how
interconnected we are with our Federation family across the country, maybe
we haven't met members of the Federation from other states before or have
not yet been to a national convention. It is  our goal to break down some of
those geographic barriers and help everyone feel more one in the Federation
by introducing you to members from across the country. Please see the
meeting details below and I hope you will join us on the call tomorrow
night!

The National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota will be hosting a Zoom
meeting on May 12 at 7 PM Central Time.

Mentor Our Members: Adelmo Vigil

Join us for an inspirational interview with Adelmo Vigil, National
Federation of the Blind, Board Member and President of the National
Federation of the Blind of New Mexico, for a conversation about his journey
in life as a blind person.

We will talk about his life growing up on a ranch, overcoming artificial
barriers in the public school system as a student, and learn how he
triumphed over discrimination when starting out with his first career.
Experience his journey to become a public-school teacher, Director of the
New Mexico Rehabilitation Center for the Blind, and the Deputy Director for
the New Mexico Commission for the Blind.

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/7017812526

One tap mobile

+14086380968,,7017812526# US (San Jose)

Jesse Shirek

President

National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota

jesseshirek at gmail.com | 701-404-7294 call and text

Web |  <http://www.nfbnd.org/> Visit NFBND.org

Facebook |
<https://www.facebook.com/NationalFederationoftheBlindofNorthDakota/> Like
NFBND on Facebook

With love, hope, and determination we transform dreams into reality.