[Nfbnet-members-list] National Federation of the Blind Announces 2020 Scholarship Program Finalists
CDanielsen at nfb.org
Wed May 6 20:47:28 UTC 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
National Federation of the Blind Announces 2020 Scholarship Program Finalists
Baltimore, Maryland (May 6, 2020): The National Federation of the Blind (NFB), the nation's leading advocate for equal education of the blind, today announced the finalists for its annual scholarship program, which provides financial assistance and connects students with mentoring and other resources. The thirty scholarship finalists are listed below in alphabetical order with their home states and vocational goals.
* Robert (Rob) Blachowicz, Arkansas: Counseling
* Christopher (Chris) Bove, Rhode Island: Public Service
* Brianna (Bri) Broadwater, Maryland: Psychologist or Education
* Michael (Mick) Carey-Thomann, Alaska: Lawyer
* Sean Carlson, Oregon: Vocational Rehabilitation Instructor
* Natalie Charbonneau, Oregon: Animal Genetics and Conservation Research
* Moreblessings Chikavanga, Texas: Civil Rights/Disability Law
* Kevin Darcy, Colorado: Anthropology Professor
* Matthew Duffell-Hoffman, South Carolina: Electrical Engineer
* Paxton Franke, North Dakota: Forensic Pathology
* Lauren (Elaine) Hardin, Georgia: Higher Education Student Affairs Administrator
* Kaitlyn (Kat) Hippe, Wisconsin: Languages and Education
* Emily Kiehl, Ohio: Information Technology
* Josh Loebner, Tennessee: Inclusive Advertising
* Sara Luna, Illinois: Museum Accessibility
* Victor Marques, Michigan: Vision Rehabilitation Therapist and Access Technology Specialist
* Griffin Miller, Pennsylvania: Actuary
* Brian Mucyo, Arizona: Human Rights Law
* Marissa Nissley, New Jersey: Attorney
* Sherry Pablo, California: Public Health, Health Policy and Management
* Precious Perez, Massachusetts: Music Education
* Teresita Rios, California: Attorney
* Syed Rizvi, Massachusetts: Civil Rights Lawyer
* Dannielle Schutz, Nebraska: Medical Scientist
* Nicolas (Nick) Spohn, Pennsylvania: Mechanical Engineer
* Logan Stenzel, Minnesota: Finance and Technology Entrepreneur
* Marie Villaneda, Indiana: Orientation and Mobility Instructor
* Shane Wegner, Minnesota: Corporate Attorney
* Alek Wolfe, Vermont: Broadcasting
* Brayan Zamarripa, Oklahoma: Media Production
"The scholarship program is one of our most important initiatives, and we will not allow anything - including the COVID19 pandemic - to diminish our commitment to recognizing excellence among blind students," said Mark A. Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind. "We are proud to honor these blind scholars, each of whom are raising expectations and breaking down barriers. The accomplishments of these outstanding students are proof that we, the blind of this nation, can live the lives we want; blindness does not hold us back."
For more information about the National Federation of the Blind scholarship program, visit nfb.org/scholarships<http://www.nfb.org/scholarships>.
About the National Federation of the Blind
The National Federation of the Blind (NFB), headquartered in Baltimore, is the oldest and largest nationwide organization of blind Americans. Founded in 1940, the NFB consists of affiliates, chapters, and divisions in the fifty states, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico. The NFB defends the rights of blind people of all ages and provides information and support to families with blind children, older Americans who are losing vision, and more. We believe in the hopes and dreams of blind people and work together to transform them into reality. Learn more about our many programs and initiatives at www.nfb.org<http://www.nfb.org>.
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
(410) 659-9314, extension 2330
(410) 262-1281 (Cell)
cdanielsen at nfb.org<mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>
Also available at: https://www.nfb.org/about-us/press-room/national-federation-blind-announces-2020-scholarship-program-finalists
Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, Ext. 2330 | cdanielsen at nfb.org
[National Federation of the Blind]<https://nfb.org/>
[Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind> [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice> [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>
The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.
The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NFBNet-Members-List