[Nfbnet-members-list] Upcoming Federation Virtual Events

National Federation of the Blind webmaster at nfb.org
Wed Jun 24 21:42:16 UTC 2020

[]

<nfb.htm>
National Federation of the Blind logo and tagline live the life

Stay Connected: Join Upcoming Virtual Federation Meetings

The National Federation of the Blind continues to connect and protect
blind people through our nationwide network. The following virtual
gatherings are open to everyone in the coming week. Zoom instructions
below. This list can be found at
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17069&amp;amp;amp;qid=>nfb.org/COVID19,
and virtual events will also be posted throughout the week to the
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17049&amp;amp;amp;qid=>NFB-Announcelistserv.

Monday, June 29

1:00 p.m. EDT | Relaxation Hour

Join this time for learning and doing yoga exercises, breathing
techniques, and meditations. It will be a time for everyone to let go
of their stress and frustration. The immune system is proven to work
more optimally under little to no stress.
For questions, please contact Joseph Drenth:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17355&qid=>vp at nfbp.org
Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

2:00 p.m. EDT | Coffee and Legislative Issues

Discuss legislative issues facing blind Americans, laws affecting the
education of your blind children, and more. Please note that this
event is informative and does not represent any form of legal advice.
For questions, please contact Emily:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17356&qid=>vp2 at nfbp.org
Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

5:00 p.m. EDT | Reading Roundtable

Discuss your favorite books, what you are currently reading, and
books that others recommend. Marsha will also try to have blind
authors as special guests each week.
For questions, please contact Marsha Drenth:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17357&qid=>marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

Tuesday, June 30

2:00 p.m. EDT | Accessibility Boutique: Technology and Training
Options for Seniors

Learn more about easy, accessible, and powerful tools for seniors.
Come get a look at the latest in in-home technology that anybody
would be able to use, and learn more about the training options that
are available for those new to technology.
For questions, please contact Kennedy at
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17502&qid=3835220>kzimnik at nfb.org.
Registration is required.
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17503&qid=3835220>Register
for the accessibility boutique today!

5:00 p.m. EDT | Kernel Book Discussions:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17504&qid=3835220>Another
Wonder

Join us as we read and discuss the Kernel Book story
"<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17504&qid=3835220>Another
Wonder" by Robert Gardner.
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17504&qid=3835220>"Another
Wonder" audio version also available.
For questions, please contact Justin:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17361&qid=>PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

6:30 p.m. EDT | Diversity and Inclusion Discussion

Join an insightful and open discussion about the current civil unrest
and how the intersectionality of our cultures, backgrounds, and
disabilities have affected our affiliate in the past and present--and
how we want to shape our future.
For questions, please contact Joseph Drenth:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17355&qid=>vp at nfbp.org
Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

Wednesday, July 1

10:30 a.m. EDT | Women Survivors

Discuss the effects that social distancing is having on each of us
during this coronavirus.
For questions, please contact Joseph Drenth:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17355&qid=>vp at nfbp.org
Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

1:00 p.m. EDT | Fitness and Wellness Warriors

We will be doing brief workouts and stretching exercises to boost our
immune systems and health.
For questions, please contact Joseph Drenth:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17355&qid=>vp at nfbp.org
Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

2:00 p.m. EDT | Coffee and Legislative Conversation

Discuss legislative issues facing blind Americans, laws affecting the
education of your blind children, and more. Please note that this
event is informative and does not represent any form of legal advice.
For questions, please contact Emily:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17356&qid=>vp2 at nfbp.org
Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

3:00 p.m. EDT | Breaking Barriers

Discuss creative action plans to break through any barriers standing
between you and your goals and report on your progress. This is a
time to share our stories in a supportive, non-judgmental
environment. Closed captioning not available.
For questions, email Rachel Grider:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17362&qid=>rachel.grider at gmail.com
Zoom Meeting ID: 839 5776 3091
Password: 071615
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,83957763091#,,#,071615#

3:00 p.m. EDT | Getting the Most Out of Your Amazon Echo Smart Speaker

Share your experiences with the Amazon Echo. Do you have a favorite
Alexa skill you would like to share with others? Get the news,
schedule a ride, or control your home.
For questions, please contact Joseph Drenth:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17355&qid=>vp at nfbp.org
Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

5:00 p.m. EDT | iPhones, iPads, Voice Over, Oh My!

Learn how to navigate iOS devices using VoiceOver. We will explore
helpful built-in features and apps.
For questions, please contact Marsha Drenth:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17357&qid=>marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

6:30 p.m. EDT | Navigating the Rehabilitation System

Learn how to successfully navigate the vocational rehabilitation
system with Lynn Heitz and a special guest.
For questions, please contact Lynn:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17363&qid=>president at nfbp.org
Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

Thursday, July 2

5:00 p.m. EDT | Kernel Book Discussions

Join us as we read and discuss the Kernel Book story
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17505&qid=3835220>"If
You Don't Mind Me Asking, What Do You Want with a Telescope?" by Karl
Smith.
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17506&qid=3835220>'If
You Don't Mind Me Asking, What Do You Want with a Telescope?" audio
version also available.
For questions, please contact Justin:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17361&qid=>PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu.
Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

6:30 p.m. EDT | Apps, Apps, Apps for iOS

Learn more about the most helpful iOS apps.
For questions, please contact Marsha:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17357&qid=>marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

8:00 p.m. EDT | NVDA Training

Learn how to use NVDA, the free screen access software for Windows.
For questions, please contact Chris Westbrook:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17517&qid=3835220>westbchris at gmail.com
Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

Friday, July 3

1:00 p.m. EDT | Fitness and Wellness Warriors

Boost the immune system and take care of our mental and emotional
health with brief workouts and stretching exercises.
For questions, contact Joseph Drenth:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17355&amp;qid=>vp at nfbp.org
Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

3:00 p.m. EDT | Kids' Story Hour

Join this call of reading favorite stories for kids in Braille.
For questions, contact Joseph Drenth:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17355&amp;qid=>vp at nfbp.org
Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

8:00 p.m. EDT | Black Leaders Serving for Advancement: Happy Hour

Sponsored by Committee of Diversity and Inclusion and open to all,
please join this dialog with African-American leaders in the National
Federation of the Blind. Open to all. There will be fun, door prizes,
and conversation!
For questions and to be entered for a door prize email
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17518&qid=3835220>callaway.shawn at gmail.com.
Zoom Meeting ID: 408 185 0851
One tap mobile: +16468769923,,4081850851#

Join a Zoom Meeting

To join a Zoom meeting via web or phone, click on the following Zoom
link, dial the appropriate phone number, or hit one-tap mobile, and
add the corresponding meeting ID listed for the event you are joining.

Web

<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16441&amp;amp;amp;amp;qid=>https://zoom.us/j

Dial by Your Location

Find your local number:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16442&amp;amp;amp;amp;qid=>https://zoom.us/u/ab3E5IUcW

Share and Support

Share upcoming Federation virtual meetings to
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16444&amp;amp;amp;amp;qid=>communicationsteam at nfb.org
and
<https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/nfb-announce@nfbnet.org>nfb-announce at nfbnet.org.

If you know of a blind person who is facing adversity because of
COVID-19 please email
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16438&amp;amp;amp;amp;qid=>nfb at nfb.org.

Help support our COVID-19 response efforts with
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16445&amp;amp;amp;amp;qid=>a
donation today. Your gifts continue to work during this time of
uncertainty. Thank you for your support.

<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17507&qid=3835220>
Facebook Logo
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17507&qid=3835220>
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17508&qid=3835220>
Twitter Logo
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17508&qid=3835220>
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17509&qid=3835220>
Instagram Logo
 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17510&qid=3835220>
YouTube Logo
 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17511&qid=3835220>
Email Icon Image
 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17512&qid=3835220>
Donate to the NFB Icon.
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17512&qid=3835220>
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD
21230 | 410-659-9314
<https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=14450&qid=3835220&h=d187c1d839967e3c>Unsubscribe

<https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=14450&qid=3835220&h=d187c1d839967e3c>Opt
Out