[Nfbnet-members-list] Plan for the 2020 NFB National Career Fair

David Andrews dandrews920 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 16 22:11:44 UTC 2020

Plan for the 2020 NFB National Career Fair
Tuesday, July 14 | 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. EDT

Dear Employers and Jobseekers:

Thank you for your interest in the 2020 NFB National Career Fair. Our
plan this year is to have the Career Fair on Tuesday, July 14 from
1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time. That means it will start at noon
Central, 11 a.m. Mountain, 10 a.m. Pacific, 8 a.m. Alaskan, and 7
a.m. Hawaiian-Aleutian. Here's how it will work.

Registration:

In order to participate in the Career Fair, employers and jobseekers
will be required to register ahead of time. Registration will end at
10 p.m. EDT on Sunday, July 5, 2020. Registrations will not occur
after then. There will be no walk-ins or last-minute registrations
this year for technical reasons.

Employer registration:
<https://www.nfb.org/form/career-fair-employer-registration>nfb.org/form/career-fair-employer-registration

Jobseeker registration:
<https://www.nfb.org/form/career-fair-jobseeker-registration>nfb.org/form/career-fair-jobseeker-registration

Employer Information:

This year's Career Fair will be on Zoom. Our plan is to give each
employer a Zoom room. At every hour and half-hour, employers will be
expected to provide an overview of their organization and employment
opportunities, leaving time for questions from jobseekers before the
next overview begins.

In addition to having at least one recruiter to provide the overview
and talk to jobseekers, it will be necessary for each employer to
provide an individual to manage the Zoom room, mute participants, and
allow individuals to ask questions. Jobseekers who have attended one
half-hour session should be asked to leave the Zoom room to allow
space for new people.

Jobseekers who want to have more in-depth discussions or interviews
with employers should schedule them outside the Career Fair by
calling or emailing employers using the contact information provided
a week before the Career Fair.

Employer and Jobseeker Information:

We will have a Zoom room for the Employment Committee in case
employers or jobseekers have questions at the time. More information
on that will be provided to all employer and jobseeker registrants.

On Monday, July 6, we will send each jobseeker contact information
for the employers registered for the Career Fair so they can send
resumes and cover letters to employers who interest them. We will
also send each employer the resumes of all registered jobseekers. In
that way, both parties will be able to contact each other and arrange
to meet before, during, or after the Career Fair.

Each registered employer and jobseeker will receive technical
information on how to use our Zoom system. Everyone who wants to
participate will need to download free Zoom software onto their
computer or phone in order to access the system we are using for the
Career Fair and the Convention.

Questions?

This is the most accurate information that we have on the NFB 2020
Career Fair plan to date. If there are any changes, you will be
notified. If you have questions, please email Dick Davis at
<mailto:ddavis at blindinc.org>ddavis at blindinc.org or John Dubay at
<mailto:jdubay at strategiccontactsolutions.com>jdubay at strategiccontactsolutions.com.

If you are in doubt about what to do, please register, as that will
get you on our mailing list. You can withdraw before the Career Fair
if you decide not to participate. There is no charge for employers or
jobseekers to attend.  Note: registering for the Convention or the
Exhibit Area does not register you for the Career Fair; you must
register using one of the above links.

We would have liked to give you this information earlier, but as is
the case with many organizations facing COVID-19, we have had to put
our plans for the 2020 NFB National Convention together piece by
piece, learning as we went.

Since this is the first time we have taken on such an immense task,
we cannot guarantee that things will run perfectly or that we won't
have to make some changes. But I can promise you we will do our best
to make this Career Fair a success for everyone.

Best wishes,
Dick Davis, Chair
NFB Employment Committee

Updated June 16, 2020