[Nfbnet-members-list] Upcoming Federation Virtual Events

National Federation of the Blind webmaster at nfb.org
Wed Jun 10 22:49:32 UTC 2020

[]

<nfb.htm>
National Federation of the Blind logo and tagline live the life

Stay Connected: Join Upcoming Virtual Federation Meetings

The National Federation of the Blind continues to
connect and protect blind people through our
nationwide network. The following virtual
gatherings are open to everyone in the coming
week. Zoom instructions below. This list can be
found at
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17069&amp;qid=>nfb.org/COVID19,
and virtual events will also be posted throughout
the week to the
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17049&amp;qid=>NFB-Announce
listserv.

Reminder: Friday, June 12 at 8:00 p.m. EDT--Black
Leaders Serving for Advancement

Sponsored by Committee of Diversity and Inclusion
and open to all, please join this dialog with
African-American leaders in the National
Federation of the Blind. There will be fun, door prizes, and conversation!
Zoom Meeting ID: 408 185 0851
One tap mobile: +16468769923,,4081850851#

Monday, June 15

1:00 p.m. EDT | Relaxation Hour

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, join this time
for learning and doing yoga exercises, breathing
techniques, and meditations. It will be a time
for everyone to let go of their stress and
frustration. The immune system is proven to work
more optimally under little to no stress.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888

2:00 p.m. EDT | Coffee and Legislative Issues

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, discuss
legislative issues facing blind Americans, laws
affecting the education of your blind children,
and more. Please note that this event is
informative and does not represent any form of
legal advice. To contact Emily, email her at:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17277&qid=3756345>vp2 at nfbp.org.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

5:00 p.m. EDT | Reading Roundtable

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, discuss your
favorite books, what you are currently reading,
and books that others recommend. Marsha will also
try to have blind authors as special guests each week.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

7:30 p.m. EDT | Tech Talk

Sponsored by NFB of California, explore all that
your smart phone can do for you. Questions can
include, but are not limited to, using the Zoom
app, sending text messages, downloading content,
and anything else you can think of. You can email
questions ahead of time to
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17278&qid=3756345>rkcole72984 at gmail.com.

Zoom Meeting ID: 510 839 253
Password: 009343
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,510839253#,,#,009343#

Tuesday, June 16

5:00 p.m. EDT | Kernel Book Discussion

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, join us as we
read and discuss another great Kernel Book story.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

Wednesday, June 17

10:30 a.m. EDT | Women Survivors

Sponsored by the NFB of Pennsylvania, discuss the
effects that social distancing is having on each of us during this coronavirus.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

1:00 p.m. EDT | Fitness and Wellness Warriors

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, we will be
doing brief workouts and stretching exercises to
boost our immune systems and health.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

2:00 p.m. EDT | Coffee and Legislative Conversation

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, join to discuss
legislative issues facing blind Americans, laws
affecting the education of blind children, and
our NFB Braille Enrichment for Literacy and
Learning (BELL)® programs scheduled for this
summer. Parents, teachers of blind students, and
anyone interested in the topics of legislation,
parenting, and education are encouraged to join
us. Please note that this event is informative
and does not represent any form of legal advice.
To contact Emily, email her at:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17277&qid=3756345>vp2 at nfbp.org.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

3:00 p.m. EDT | Breaking Barriers

Sponsored by NFB of California, discuss creative
action plans to break through any barriers
standing between you and your goals and report on
your progress. This is a time to share our
stories in a supportive, non-judgmental environment.

Zoom Meeting ID: 839 5776 3091
Password: 071615
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,83957763091#,,#,071615#

3:00 p.m. EDT | Getting the Most Out of Your Amazon Echo Smart Speaker

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, share
experiences with the Amazon Echo. Do you have a
favorite Alexa skill you would like to share with
others? Get the news, schedule a ride, or control your home.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

5:00 p.m. EDT | iPhones, iPads, Voice Over, Oh My!

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, learn how to
navigate iOS devices using Voice Over. We will
explore helpful built-in features and apps.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

6:30 p.m. EDT | Navigating the Rehabilitation System

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, learn about
blindness training, independence, and vocational
rehabilitation from Lynn Heitz and her special guest.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

Thursday, June 18

5:00 p.m. EDT | Kernel Book Discussions

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, join us as we
read and discuss another great Kernel Book story.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

6:30 p.m. EDT | Apps, Apps, Apps for iOS

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, learn more
about the most helpful apps. If you have
suggestions for apps to be featured please email:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17279&qid=3756345>marsha.drenth at gmail.com.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

9:00 p.m. EDT | Your Journey Through Blindness

Sponsored by NFB of Missouri, whether you are
recently blind or have been blind all your life,
and no matter your level of sight, come and share
how you make your journey through life as a blind person.

Zoom Meeting ID: 714 852 9230
One tap mobile: +13126266799,, 7148529230#

Friday, June 19

1:00 p.m. EDT | Fitness and Wellness Warriors

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, boost the
immune system and take care of our mental and
emotional health with brief workouts and stretching exercises.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

3:00 p.m. EDT | Kids’ Story Hour

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, join this call
of reading favorite stories for kids in Braille.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

Saturday, June 20

7:00 p.m. EDT | Ladies Social Night

Sponsored by NFB of Virginia, come all ye
foodies! Let’s talk about your favorite recipes,
restaurants, comfort foods, appetizers, desserts,
the whole gamut. It’s a food night!

Zoom Meeting ID: 829 725 6345
One tap mobile: +13017158592,,8297256345#

Join a Zoom Meeting

To join a Zoom meeting via web or phone, click on
the following Zoom link, dial the appropriate
phone number, or hit one-tap mobile, and add the
corresponding meeting ID listed for the event you
are joining. For an accessible tutorial of the
Zoom platform, access the audiobook,
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16449&amp;amp;qid=>Meet
Me in the Cloud.

Web

<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16441&amp;amp;qid=>https://zoom.us/j

Dial by Your Location

Find your local number:
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16442&amp;amp;qid=>https://zoom.us/u/ab3E5IUcW

Share and Support

Share upcoming Federation virtual meetings to
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16444&amp;amp;qid=>communicationsteam at nfb.org
and
<https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/nfb-announce@nfbnet.org>nfb-announce at nfbnet.org.

If you know of a blind person who is facing
adversity because of COVID-19 please email
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16438&amp;amp;qid=>nfb at nfb.org.

Help support our COVID-19 response efforts with
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16445&amp;amp;qid=>a
donation today. Your gifts continue to work
during this time of uncertainty. Thank you for your support!

Deadline June 15: Register for National Convention

Tuesday, July 14 through Saturday, July 18, 2020
| Anywhere & Everywhere. Plan to attend the
largest gathering of blind people in the world.
Deadline to register is June 15.
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17057&amp;qid=>Register
for national convention today!

<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17280&qid=3756345>
Facebook Logo
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17280&qid=3756345>
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17281&qid=3756345>
Twitter Logo
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17281&qid=3756345>
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17282&qid=3756345>
Instagram Logo
 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17283&qid=3756345>
YouTube Logo
 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17284&qid=3756345>
Email Icon Image
 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17285&qid=3756345>
Donate to the NFB Icon.
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17285&qid=3756345>
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells
Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314
<https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=14304&qid=3756345&h=4dec90480dc5c796>Unsubscribe

<https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=14304&qid=3756345&h=4dec90480dc5c796>Opt
Out

<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17286&qid=3756345>Sign