[Nfbnet-members-list] How the coronavirus stimulus could impact you

Chang, Patti PChang at nfb.org
Tue Apr 7 12:12:21 UTC 2020

[https://nfb.org/images/nfb/images/images/top-blue-bar.jpg]
[National Federation of the Blind logo and tagline live the life you want]<nfb.org>

Dear Friend,

People are struggling to feel safe and connected during this time of social distancing and disruption. The National Federation of the Blind is committed to our advocacy for the rights of blind people and building the Federation by providing resources<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16467&qid=3443589> and tools for dealing with the coronavirus outbreak. It is more important now than ever to share helpful information with our community. Please read "Coming Together During COVID-19: Concerns and Connections<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16468&qid=3443589>" from our blog which explains the impact facing the blind community. Additionally, here are some updates regarding charitable donations, retirement accounts, and more.

Stimulus Payments for People on Social Security and Public Support

Many people have questions about how the stimulus payments will apply to people on social security. You can use the stimulus payment calculator and read FAQs in this tool from the Washington Post<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16469&qid=3443589>.

Charitable Donation Deduction

Did you know that the stimulus bill Congress passed made changes to how you might want to make charitable contributions? The bill makes a new deduction available—and not just for 2020—for up to $300 in annual charitable contributions. It’s available even to people who don’t itemize their deductions. Learn more in this article from the New York Times<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16470&qid=3443589>.

Required Minimum Distributions from Retirement Accounts

The bill also made changes to required minimum distributions from retirement accounts for 2020. You can learn more about these new rules and how you can take advantage of tax savings in this Forbes article<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16471&qid=3443589>.

How You Can Help

If you have the means to give during this difficult time, your donations are more impactful than ever. You can give a small monthly donation—or increase your monthly giving—by completing the PAC (pre-authorized contribution) program<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16473&qid=3443589> form or give a one-time donation at nfb.org/donate<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16474&qid=3443589>. Learn about more ways to give to the National Federation of the Blind<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16475&qid=3443589>.

If you know of additional resources or have ideas you want to share, please email communicationsteam at nfb.org<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16476&qid=3443589>. You and your family are in our thoughts, and we hope you are staying safe and healthy. Together with love, hope, and determination, we will support and strengthen our Federation community.

Sincerely,

Mark A. Riccobono, President
National Federation of the Blind

[Facebook Logo]<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16477&qid=3443589>
[Twitter Logo]<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16478&qid=3443589>
[Instagram Logo]<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16479&qid=3443589>
[YouTube Logo]<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16480&qid=3443589>
[Email Icon Image]<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16481&qid=3443589>
[Donate to the NFB Icon.]<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16482&qid=3443589>
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314

Disclaimer