[Nfbnet-members-list] Pfishing Scams Using the Name of the National Federation of the Blind

David Andrews dandrews920 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 18 00:54:14 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,

Members of the National Federation of the Blind have been receiving
reports of third parties trying to sell attendee lists for our state
conventions and other Federation events. The National Federation of
the Blind and its affiliates never sell member, attendee, or
sponsor/exhibitor  data in any way. These messages are not legitimate
and should not be responded to or interacted with in any way.

You may also receive email messages from a third party about helping
with booking flights, hotels, rental cars, and other items related to
state conventions or other Federation events. In most, if not all,
cases these email messages are not legitimate either. Any third party
reaching out about these solicitations should be confirmed with your
state affiliate president or Federation event coordinator before you
have any interaction with these third parties.

The issues described above are becoming more of an occurrence with
all conventions and trade shows in recent years. Please be vigilant
when reviewing any emails like these. If you do receive emails like
these claiming to be from the National Federation of the Blind or one
of our affiliates or leaders, please forward them to email
issues at nfb.org. This mailbox will be used for reporting purposes
only, no support. With this we can monitor what types of illegitimate
emails are falsely using the Federation's name and targeting our membership.

Sincerely,

Mark A. Riccobono