[Nfbnet-members-list] Stepping up our efforts during Meet the Blind Month

Chang, Patti PChang at nfb.org
Thu Oct 10 15:21:37 UTC 2019

Dear Fellow Federationists,
We need to step up efforts to meet our goals for 2019. To match our fundraising last year we need to raise $400,000 by end of 2019. October is Meet the Blind Month<https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/meet-blind-month> and it is a great opportunity to reach out to your friends and family and share what the NFB means to you. Here is what we all can do:
Get the word out.
Ask your friends and family to visit our donate page<https://www.nfb.org/donate>. Share your story. Ask yourself if you can personally help fill the gap by contributing. Every donation helps.
Post on social media. Here are some samples:
Twitter:
Want to help fight the 70% unemployment rate for blind people and create more opportunities? Access to the internet is essential. We need to increase web accessibility. Donate in honor of #MeetTheBlind Month nfb.org/donate
Access to information promotes independence. You can help by supporting our web accessibility initiatives and more. Donate today! nfb.org/donate
Guide dogs promote independence. Spread independence and give in honor of your guide dog during #MeetTheBlind Month. nfb.org/donate
You can make a difference by helping to make the web accessible to all and support opportunities for blind people. Contribution now! nfb.org/donate
Help to increase literacy. Only 10% of blind kids are taught Braille. Give today in honor of #WhiteCaneAwarenessDay and help teach kids to read and so much more. nfb.org/donate
Do you know a blind person? Make a gift in their honor to celebrate #WhiteCaneAwarenessDay. nfb.org/donate
Facebook/Instagram:
We know blind parents are fully capable and have been successfully raising children for generations. One member wrote, "I love the NFB because it is not only an advocacy organization, but it is a support network for blind people. If I have any questions about being a blind parent, I have access to several blind parents who can give me guidance and provide answers to my questions." Help us continue to connect blind people with other blind people. Donate today! nfb.org/donate
"When I was hired by the Navy on the spot, I was thrilled and excited to have a full-time job working with children. But when the Navy then fired me just as quickly because they just assumed blind and visually impaired people could not work with children, it was absolutely devastating. I am relieved that this case has settled and my rights have been vindicated," said Mary Carla Flood. Help us continue advocating for our rights. Donate Today! nfb.org/donate
Celebrate Meet the Blind Month
Learn more about what you can do during Meet the Blind Month<https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/meet-blind-month> in your community.
If we work together, we can make our dreams come true. But we need the financial resources to pay for our programs. Let's all work together to build the National Federation of the Blind by bringing in much needed funds.
Thank you for all you do.
Patti Chang Esq.
Director of Outreach
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2422 | pchang at nfb.org
Cell: 773-307-6440

Disclaimer