[Nfbnet-members-list] Help continue our work on #GivingTuesdsay

Chang, Patti PChang at nfb.org
Tue Nov 26 13:21:14 UTC 2019

Dear Federationists:

Thanks to you, the National Federation of the Blind has had a tremendous impact on the lives of blind people of all ages-and maybe your family has benefitted from our advocacy and philosophy. Please help continue our work<https://www.nfb.org/donate> by participating in #GivingTuesday, which is coming up December 3.

All gifts make a difference and your support makes the Federation stronger. I want to share a few recent examples of the impact that NFB programs and our network of mentors have had on the lives of blind people:

One of our scholarship recipients wrote:

"One of the things that I think about as I study education is the value and importance of mentorship and learning from others. I have tremendous mentors in the National Federation of the Blind, tremendous people who push the expectations higher every day. I want to give that knowledge to those that I can help most."

A teen who attended NFB EQ for the first time said:

"I would like to thank you for the NFB EQ program. I learned so much about engineering, and how to make it accessible as well as so many other things about being a person with a visual impairment. After attending the NFB EQ program I became fascinated with how tactile tools allow the blind to access the competitive field of engineering and decided that what I learned should be shared with others."

An NFB BELL(r) Academy parent and donor said:

"I could go on and on about what an impact BELL has had in our family's lives, but I will leave it as, 'the impact is huge.' I wanted to let parents that are new to this journey know that this wonderful opportunity existed and help with funding to keep the program going with a low cost to the families. Every little bit helps, right?"

Help us continue to share the gifts of confidence, literacy, education, independence, and so much more. Contribute on #GivingTuesday by:

  *   Donating online at nfb.org/donate<https://www.nfb.org/donate>
  *   Sharing your family's story on social media directing people to nfb.org/donate<https://www.nfb.org/donate>, and sharing our giving posts
  *   Setting up a Facebook fundraiser<https://www.facebook.com/help/990087377765844> for the NFB; Facebook is matching donations Tuesday, December 3

Please feel free to reach out to Patti Chang, our director of outreach, at 410-659-9314, extension 2422, or pchang at nfb.org<mailto:pchang at nfb.org>.

Thank you so much for continuing to help blind people live the lives we want.
Anna W. Adler
Outreach Coordinator
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
410-659-9314, extension 2282| AAdler at nfb.org<mailto:AAdler at nfb.org>

[National Federation of the Blind]<https://nfb.org/>

                         [Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>     [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>     [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Disclaimer