[Nfbnet-members-list] $100 Blind Users Innovating and Leading Design (BUILD) Opportunity

Lewis, Anil ALewis at nfb.org
Fri Mar 22 21:27:07 UTC 2019

Individuals Needed to Test an Order Pickup Locker Kiosk

We are currently seeking 12 blind individuals to test the
accessibility/usability of an order pickup locker kiosk. The testing
should take approximately 30 to 45 minutes and will take place in New
York City on April 3rd and 4th at a location TBA. No special skills
are required.

The tester will receive an email on their smartphone with a pickup
code that then needs to be entered into the order pickup locker
kiosk. The tester will need to insert their headphones built into the
locker and navigate the kiosk menus. Potential testers should have a
basic knowledge of using text to speech software on their smartphone
to read the email. Individuals will be paid $100 to offset any
expenses incurred to participate.

To be considered for participation in this testing, and other
opportunities, sign up as a member of our BUILD team at:
<https://nfb.org/programs-services/center-excellence-nonvisual-access/blind-users-innovating-and-leading-design>https://nfb.org/programs-services/center-excellence-nonvisual-access/blind-users-innovating-and-leading-design.

About the Blind Users Innovating and Leading Design (BUILD) Program

Technologies are being developed every day that affect the way we all
live, work, and play. Given the continuing and rapid proliferation of
advanced technology, we need your help to ensure that this technology
is accessible to blind people. The NFB is growing a database of blind
users to test and evaluate the accessibility of websites, home-use
medical devices, home appliances, fitness equipment, and other
products and services.

Testers in our BUILD program will periodically receive requests to
evaluate various websites, products, or services for usability and
accessibility. We are currently seeking blind individuals to test the
accessibility/usability of an order pickup locker kiosk in New York
City, to provide feedback on the accessibility of Autonomous Vehicles
in Arizona, and to evaluate the usability of our Accessibility
Switchboard portal.

In order for us to obtain real-world experiences, we are seeking
information from novices to experts. Although most are volunteer
opportunities, some of these projects may offer compensation,
premiums like gift cards, or product discounts. If you are interested
in building the next generation of accessible products and services,
please register to become a tester in our BUILD program by visiting
the following link and completing an application:
<https://nfb.org/programs-services/center-excellence-nonvisual-access/blind-users-innovating-and-leading-design>https://nfb.org/programs-services/center-excellence-nonvisual-access/blind-users-innovating-and-leading-design

Anil Lewis, M.P.A.
Executive Director
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, Ext. 2374 | <mailto:alewis at nfb.org>alewis at nfb.org
Twitter: @AnilLife

<https://nfb.org/>
National Federation of the Blind

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>
Facebook
     <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>
Twitter
     <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>
Youtube

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind.
Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.