[Nfbnet-members-list] Participants needed for research on employer negative attitudes

Blake, Lou Ann LBlake at nfb.org
Wed Jun 5 21:29:10 UTC 2019

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.

[cid:image003.png at 01D51BC4.1EB84370]DUQUESNE UNIVERSITY
600 FORBES AVENUE   *   PITTSBURGH, PA 15282

Be part of an important research study...

A Study on the Lived Experiences of Employees with Visual Impairments

*         Do you have a visual impairment?

*         Are you actively working?

*         Have you experienced a negative attitude from your employer?

If you answered YES to these questions, you may be eligible to participate in this research.

The purpose of this study is to explore, understand, and describe how employees with visual impairments process and overcome perceived negative employer attitudes. For the purpose of this study, the term "negative employer attitude" will be described in terms of your perception of employers' negative actions or interactions. You will have the opportunity to discuss your experiences. Your participation in this study, and any identifiable personal information you provide, will be kept confidential.

Interviews will be held over the phone or in person at:

Charlotte Mecklenburg Library - Beatties Ford Road Regional
2412 Beatties Ford Road
Charlotte, NC 28216

For more information about this study, please contact me at:

James F. McNeil, M.S., CRC (Ph.D. Candidate)
Department of Counseling, Psychology, and Special Education
Duquesne University
Phone: (828) 237-1281
Email: mcneilj at duq.edu<mailto:mcneilj at duq.edu>

I am Ph.D. Candidate under the direction of Dr. Lisa Lopez Levers in the Department of Counseling, Psychology, and Special Education at Duquesne University. If you have any questions concerning this research or your participation in the study, please contact me or Dr. Lisa Lopez Levers at (412) 396-1871 or at levers at duq.edu<mailto:levers at duq.edu>.

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
Deputy Executive Director, Blindness Initiatives
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2221 | lblake at nfb.org<mailto:lblake at nfb.org>

[National Federation of the Blind]<https://nfb.org/>

                         [Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>     [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>     [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Disclaimer