[Nfbnet-members-list] Braille Book Fair

Krystal Guillory kguillory at louisianacenter.org
Sun Feb 17 04:19:44 UTC 2019

Braille Book Fair 2019
Calling all Braille readers, teachers, and parents!
It’s that time again: Time to sort through all
those boxes of Braille books and donate those
gently used but no longer needed Braille books to
the 2019 Braille Book Fair sponsored by the
National Organization of Parents of Blind Children.
Our primary goal is to get more Braille books
into the hands of children, youth, and beginning
adult readers, so here’s what we need most:
• PRINT/BRAILLE STORY BOOKS (AKA TWIN VISION)
• BOOKS IN GOOD CONDITION
• LEISURE READING (FICTION OR NONFICTION) BOOKS
• COOKBOOKS AND POETRY
Children are so hungry for their very own books
that every year, despite generous donations of
books, most of our books for young children are
gone in less than an hour. So, begin your search
through the boxes in your basement and spare room and get those books shipped.
We do not accept magazines, textbooks, or audio books at this time.
2019 Braille Book Fair
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230
Please note that you are shipping the books FREE MATTER FOR THE BLIND;
you do not need to pay shipping cost for braille items.
Hand write, stamp or affix a label to the upper
right hand corner of the box stating:
FREE MATTER FOR THE BLIND.
Take your package(s) to your local Post Office.
There is no shipping fee for Free Matter for the
Blind when mailed through the Post Office.

From: "Krystal Guillory" <kguillory at louisianacenter.org>