[Nfbnet-members-list] Getting a Job

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Mar 18 17:33:14 UTC 2018

Dear NFBNET Members:

Many people have been asking about how to write resumes and other
topics that are covered with materials on our NFB Employment
Committee website.  The following things may be helpful if you are
looking for a job.

The first is the link to our NFB Employment Committee Web Page, which
is <https://employment.nfb.org/>https://employment.nfb.org/  It has
links to a number of resources: the signup for the NFB Jobs listserv,
contact information for employers who have attended our past Job
Fairs, and resources for job seekers.

Here is the link to the complete recording of our 2018 Job Seeker
Seminar and some of the other things mentioned above. You can listen
to the seminar in its entirety or choose what parts of it are of
interest to
you.
<https://employment.nfb.org/Convention%20Page.html>https://employment.nfb.org/Convention%20Page.html

<https://employment.nfb.org/2017%20NFB%20Job%20Seeker%20Seminar%20Resume%20Writing%20and%20Interviewing%20Presentation.pdf>Read
or download the 2017 NFB Job Seeker Resume Writing and Interviewing
Presentation

The above link should work, but if it does not, you can find the
original link on the Convention Page (link above).  This is a great
resource from Wells Fargo on how to write a resume.  You can also
listen to the recording of the presentation.

You can find a lot of job seeking, resume writing, and cover letter
writing tips on the following
link.
<https://employment.nfb.org/Job%20Seeking%20Tips%20Page.html>https://employment.nfb.org/Job%20Seeking%20Tips%20Page.html

Where the Blind Work had 2,500 contacts last year.  It is a list of
blind people who are working in a wide range of jobs.  There is
detailed information about what they do and how they do
it.
<https://employment.nfb.org/Where%20The%20Blind%20Work.html>https://employment.nfb.org/Where%20The%20Blind%20Work.html

I hope this helps a number of you.  We are currently working on
making our website more user friendly, and will be adding more
information to it in the future.  Check it out to learn more about
what we are doing at this year's national convention.

Best wishes,
Dick Davis, Chairperson
NFB Employment Committee
ddavis at blindinc.org